Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid looks like he cold be something a bit special. Perhaps asking for too much but getting him and Keinan Davis would be some sort of coup.

On a side note, are we all of a sudden, out-brentfording Brentford? I'm absolutely loving the way we're going about our business off the pitch right now. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

On a side note, are we all of a sudden, out-brentfording Brentford?

Bobby Duncan has Brentford finger prints all over it. Youth players that are clearly highly rated but don't work out anywhere else, that are going cheap because of that reason. Low risk high reward, perfect recruitment.

I suspect that we are signing Duncan as a long term replacement for Marriott.

I doubt we can afford to renew both Waghorn and Marriott’s deals when they expire, so it would make sense to prepare for that eventuality with a young player (on cheaper wages) ready to step up and grab their chance.

In the meantime, he’ll probably be playing in the under 23s and competing with Whittaker and Hector Ingram for a place on the bench.

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I suspect that we are signing Duncan as a long term replacement for Marriott.

I doubt we can afford to renew both Waghorn and Marriott’s deals when they expire, so it would make sense to prepare for that eventuality with a young player (on cheaper wages) ready to step up and grab their chance.

In the meantime, he’ll probably be playing in the under 23s and competing with Whittaker and Hector Ingram for a place on the bench.

Why do you suspect that? Utter tosh !!! Duncan and Hector Ingram are very promising players ...doesn’t mean Marriotts going at all 

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Why do you suspect that? Utter tosh !!! Duncan and Hector Ingram are very promising players ...doesn’t mean Marriotts going at all 

He should be. He can't play multiple games in a row, and he can't score double figures in the Championship. He's not good enough for Derby, nor is he what Cocu wants. 

28 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Don’t get me wrong, if Marriott has an excellent season and scores 10-15 goals, he’ll get a new deal and fully deserve one.

But anything less and he is probably going to get released, or merely given one of those token extensions to enable us to sell him on for a fee and avoid the FFP hit.

After such a disappointing season last season, he is fighting for his future.

With Duncan, Whittaker and Hector Ingram all being primed for the first team, Marriott is only getting in the way if he is not fit and firing.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Marriott is out of contract in 2021. Would you renew it?

It seems we're trying to offload those who are out of contract at the end of the season with no future at the club (Malone, Jozefzoon...). As far as I'm aware, Marriott's never been mentioned as an outgoing player.

Don't overlook the P&S impact of letting the likes of Waghorn and Marriott go at the end of this season.

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Don’t get me wrong, if Marriott has an excellent season and scores 10-15 goals, he’ll get a new deal and fully deserve one.

But anything less and he is probably going to get released, or merely given one of those token extensions to enable us to sell him on for a fee and avoid the FFP hit.

With Duncan, Whittaker and Hector Ingram all being primed for the first team, Marriott is only getting in the way if he is not fit and firing.

Marriott will score 10 plus goals this season if he stays fit ...still probably our most natural goal scorer ...but...I do think Duncan has the ability to overtake Marriott ...from what my mates at City have said Duncan is a massive coup and a genuine prospect and I think Cocu is ideal for this stage of his career ...exciting signing ??

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Vardy looked like a spent force as far as being prolific until Brendon Rogers came along then suddenly he was prolific again. This is what is needed. If a player is good at something give him the best chance of doing it. 

Archived