Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I thought so too but it was straight from Percy’s mouth so you’d imagine the club told him. Reality is, if he’s good enough he’ll be in the first team quick. 

It would seem that part of the reason he left Liverpool is that he didn't think he was progressing up to the first team quick enough. If he wasn't satisfied with not getting into Liverpool's first team he's unlikely to want to be stuck in our U23s for long, if at all. Good for him, shows ambition and self-belief. May also suggest that he's been told that he'll be given a chance to progress quickly here, which can only be good for attracting promising young players.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this sort of signing , cheap and plenty of upside..

Who knows could break into the first team this year and be sold in a couple of years for a big fee , English players usually are sold with a premium on top.

I am concerned about what the fee will be though as reading around seems Fiorentina paid £1.8mill for him.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for a free transfer since he has fallen out of favour , with perhaps a healthy sell on fee for the Italian outfit.

I don't know anything about the lad, but from what I have read it appears that when he was younger he was surrounded by people who were only trying to profit from the lads ability, giving him bad advice and 'bigging him up', until it got to the point where he actually believed their hype.  The lad has great potential, there's no doubt of that and it will be down to the coaching staff to put their arms around him, keep him 'grounded' and his head in the right place(standing by for the incoming sarcasm).  If the coaches can get him playing to his full potential, then who knows what he can do for the team!  If he becomes a Ram, then good luck to the lad.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Let’s hope, like Ibe, he has put mistakes of the past behind him. He looks a typically edgy scouser which I like!

His clips, albeit from a couple of years ago, are fairly unremarkable but the pedigree is there.

I like players who need to prove a point.

Isn’t he from Manchester ?

This potential signing is actually very exciting to me because he is not signing to play in the under 23s for very long at all. He has clearly seen that Derby county is a club where youngsters will be given a decent chance in the team if they have the ability and if he does well who knows what his value will be to the club, it also signals the same message to all of the youngsters sat at clubs not playing. We will give you a chance. 

32 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

It would seem that part of the reason he left Liverpool is that he didn't think he was progressing up to the first team quick enough. If he wasn't satisfied with not getting into Liverpool's first team he's unlikely to want to be stuck in our U23s for long, if at all. Good for him, shows ambition and self-belief. May also suggest that he's been told that he'll be given a chance to progress quickly here, which can only be good for attracting promising young players.

It sounds like it was his agent that didn't think he was progressing quick enough and convinced him that his future lay elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Is this lad the striker we've been looking for to hold the ball up and score 15-20  goals.  if so that's quite an ask.  

I would imagine probably not ...

Think this is more an eye to the future , think the forward we get who is taller will end up being a loan with an option to buy.  Hopefully from abroad and not that donkey Zahore

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

Have you seen the comments from Liverpool fans on that Twitter thread? Brutal. A lot of them seem to genuinely hate the lad (although it is Twitter, so anything goes)

It always grates with me, that for as long as I can remember the BBC etc invariably refer to Liverpool fans as ‘knowledgeable’.

Why?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Think it might be worth mentioning that he played a game against Middlesbrough where Liverpool won 6-5 and in that game he had 4 goals and 2 assists. I'd love to see that performance by him - incredible. ?

Especially if it was against Middlesbrough again.

Archived