Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of posts suggesting he is destined for the Under 23s. Doubt it. He will be in the first team squad. I suspect he is on broadly the same level as Sibley.  If Bird, Buchanan, Whittaker and Knight are getting game time at 18 I would be greatly surprised if Duncan doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Have you seen the comments from Liverpool fans on that Twitter thread? Brutal. A lot of them seem to genuinely hate the lad (although it is Twitter, so anything goes)

Speaking to a couple of my glory hunting mates....

They really weren’t happy with what happened, how much you blame the lad and how much his agents, depends on the person.

If they didn’t rate him so highly, they wouldn’t be bothered.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Lot of posts suggesting he is destined for the Under 23s. Doubt it. He will be in the first team squad. I suspect he is on broadly the same level as Sibley.  If Bird, Buchanan, Whittaker and Knight are getting game time at 18 I would be greatly surprised if Duncan doesn’t. 

Will probably have a game or 2 with the u23s, but I don’t think it will be long until he’s appearing in first team squads. Especially if Marriotts now injured.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

They really weren’t happy with what happened, how much you blame the lad and how much his agents, depends on the person.

Very true.

I also imagine they were laughing their heads off when liverpool poached him from man city and didnt say a thing about that.

Liverpool as a club and as fans do not like it when players leave for pastures new, especially if it is to a "bigger club" to potentially further their career. Just ask sterling. Again they said nothing when liverpool poached him from QPR....

Why has he decided to join Derby?

Duncan has been desperate to return to England after a disappointing year in Italy.

A prolific goal scorer at academy level during his time at Liverpool, he attracted interest from a number of Football League clubs.

Manager Phillip Cocu’s track record of developing young talent was key to his decision to sign for Derby and he’s enthused by the prospect of playing alongside fellow Scouser Wayne Rooney.

He also probably noticed we have no one that can score a goal at the moment, so his chances of getting in the first team would be good. 

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

That did occur to me, that it sounded like sour grapes because he hadn't stayed with them. Nice bit of skill in the gif that someone posted on the same thread though 

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Do U23 transfers count towards P&S? 

23 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Have you seen the comments from Liverpool fans on that Twitter thread? Brutal. A lot of them seem to genuinely hate the lad (although it is Twitter, so anything goes)

Honestly couldn’t care less about what them lot think. They hate Sergio Ramos because him and Salah fell over together.

His agent or whoever was managing him at the time dragged his name through the mud, kicked up a fuss for whatever reason and it hasn’t paid off. If he’s got rid of him and has his head screwed on a bit better now, then he could do very well here and I’ll continue to not care a single bit about Liverpool fans.

If he brings the attitude that he’s had at Liverpool and in Italy, then he won’t last long and he’ll be shipped off elsewhere for his career to continue its spiralling decline, it really is up to him.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was extremely well liked at Liverpool so could be a good prospect to bring into the team, initially in the youth team to develop. 

He played in only three losses for Liverpool's U18s (although scored or had an assist in all three) once to Man Utd where Greenwood was on the scoresheet, along with Garner who is now on loan at Watford. The other two were against our title winning Rams - Whittaker and Knight scored in both games. 

It seems like it could be a good signing for us, plenty of potential for us to develop. It's what Cocu is good at so it makes sense for us to try and give him a good base to work from. 

Think it might be worth mentioning that he played a game against Middlesbrough where Liverpool won 6-5 and in that game he had 4 goals and 2 assists. I'd love to see that performance by him - incredible. ?

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Would be a huge coup for the U23s this. Exactly the sort of recruitment we should be doing at academy level really, picking up the talents known to have massive potential, but who need a bit of work to get there for whatever reason. Big clubs might not be interested in him because of what happened when he left Liverpool, which leaves us with a big opportunity to pick him up and try and get his career back on track. He’s obviously a hugely talented player, arguably one of the most promising English youths, so he’d be a very exciting signing. Think this evidences the increase in stature of our academy as well - I suspect players like Duncan would choose to come here because they’ve seen lots of evidence of us developing young players and promoting them into the first team. 

Sounds very much like this one is happening, be very interesting to see how he develops.

Exactly what you said, M etc.

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I thought so too but it was straight from Percy’s mouth so you’d imagine the club told him. Reality is, if he’s good enough he’ll be in the first team quick. 

34 minutes ago, KBB said:

Very true.

I also imagine they were laughing their heads off when liverpool poached him from man city and didnt say a thing about that.

Liverpool as a club and as fans do not like it when players leave for pastures new, especially if it is to a "bigger club" to potentially further their career. Just ask sterling. Again they said nothing when liverpool poached him from QPR....

Oh they really don’t do they? I always wind my mates up about Owen, Torres and Sterling. And ask them if they burnt their Gerrard shirts when they thought he was going to Chelsea....

32 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Do U23 transfers count towards P&S? 

I have no idea buddy. His purchase though reflects again we are looking for low cost (potential higher return) players. Mel has very little wriggle room I suspect certainly without any guarantee of season ticket income. 

52 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

That’s good enough for me then. Sign sign sign 

47 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

And it's got to be a large part of the reason why he wants to come - he can see if he plays well he will get a game.

After Dally and John the third Duncan is nearly amongst us.

Archived