Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

There's another article on The Athletic that details his career path so far. Sounds like he had bad advice from his former agent but his attitude, commitment and ability on the pitch cannot be questioned.

If a young lad dreams of making the top and is willing to do what it takes to get there then fair play to him. Let's hope he gets a chance at Derby to show what he is capable of. Free transfer, low wages (I assume) pretty risk free transfer.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

It always grates with me, that for as long as I can remember the BBC etc invariably refer to Liverpool fans as ‘knowledgeable’.

Why?

Goodness knows. There's also that thing about West Ham always turning out stylish players from their academy, and their supporters being particularly appreciative of stylish football. West Ham haven't had a top academy for years, and their fanbase has some very unsavoury characters in it. Some clubs just have very biased coverage from the press, for some reason.

20 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Goodness knows. There's also that thing about West Ham always turning out stylish players from their academy, and their supporters being particularly appreciative of stylish football. West Ham haven't had a top academy for years, and their fanbase has some very unsavoury characters in it. Some clubs just have very biased coverage from the press, for some reason.

West Ham have actually got some really good youngsters in their current crop just not much of a path way hence Diangana being sold. 

30 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

What went wrong with us and him?

Bobby Duncan thread mate, I dare not stray off topic :)?

I do think its a good example though of how things dont work out at some clubs but then do well at others, so maybe this Duncan kid can get back on course with Derby

Total flight of fantasy but a Bobby as a striker sounds good to me. He seems to have at least youthful pedigree; that photo of him makes it look like he’s one of those low centre of gravity pit bull sorts. Dunno, but if Liverpool saw something and Fiorentina did too, then there’s something there maybe ? 

I am kind of heartened that we are looking at young players with talents that might have lost their way instead of ageing journeymen. 

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Guess the Rooney Effect could be helpful in clinching deals like this.

Opportunity to learn from England’s leading scorer and all that.

I think the fact Cocu gives the kids a fair chance is also helpful in clinching deals like this.

The hard work the guys put in running the academy and the clear route to the first team is starting to pay dividends.

I think more deals like this are likely in the future whereby youngsters have become disillusioned with their prospects at so called ‘elite’ clubs.

If you watch his highlights he's not really a Chris Martin type of striker, he's more sort of like Firmino. His partner Glatzel was the more true striker.

Duncan plays and finds space where he causes big problems with his dribbling and footwork, really good at stitching short interchanging passes.

Not sure how good he'll be against teams who park the bus but I think he has tons of potential partnered with a striker like Marriott or Knight and Sibley with late runs into the box.

I don’t know why and crazy ?but I just have a feeling that Duncan could go on to be a big player for us ...as soon as I saw we were in for him I could just see him being a player the fans will love and could be a big player for us ...I don’t really know why I feel this but can see it now...prolific Derby striker Bobby Duncan ...bring it on ??

28 minutes ago, jono said:

Total flight of fantasy but a Bobby as a striker sounds good to me. He seems to have at least youthful pedigree; that photo of him makes it look like he’s one of those low centre of gravity pit bull sorts. Dunno, but if Liverpool saw something and Fiorentina did too, then there’s something there maybe ? 

I am kind of heartened that we are looking at young players with talents that might have lost their way instead of ageing journeymen. 

This! Reminds me a bit of Vardy in a highlights reel I’ve just watched on YouTube and Vardy is the prime example that talent is out there that’s either been overlooked or let go. 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I don’t know why and crazy ?but I just have a feeling that Duncan could go on to be a big player for us ...as soon as I saw we were in for him I could just see him being a player the fans will love and could be a big player for us ...I don’t really know why I feel this but can see it now...prolific Derby striker Bobby Duncan ...bring it on ??

.....advertises Brut aftershave with Miss Wirral 1969 in this weeks Radio Times.  If this lad doesn't have a name from when Manfred Mann was in the charts I don't know who does.

Archived