Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was extremely well liked at Liverpool so could be a good prospect to bring into the team, initially in the youth team to develop. 

He played in only three losses for Liverpool's U18s (although scored or had an assist in all three) once to Man Utd where Greenwood was on the scoresheet, along with Garner who is now on loan at Watford. The other two were against our title winning Rams - Whittaker and Knight scored in both games. 

It seems like it could be a good signing for us, plenty of potential for us to develop. It's what Cocu is good at so it makes sense for us to try and give him a good base to work from. 

Nah he's 19 and has made a few poor choices probably due to being badly advised, let's just write him off for life instead.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Yeah they have. He’s been a nuisance for them. So much they said don’t bother coming to Italy. That’s why he’s been training with us recently 

Wow! Banned from Italy. Different class from being banned from pubs and nightclubs. Get him to sign!

Older readers will remember Esteban Fuertes who we signed who unfortunately got banned from THIS country as his passport was forged so he couldn’t play for us. 

I have high hopes for our new Polish winger and young Bobby. Hopefully he won’t moan once here -if he signs.

If he does, you heard it here first:

KJ & Duncan- Let’s get ready to grumble!

7 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Older readers will remember Esteban Fuertes who we signed who unfortunately got banned from THIS country as his passport was forged so he couldn’t play for us. 

Older? It was only 1999 you know, not under the reign of Edward VIII......

Proper older people will remember these two fellas - Kubik and Knoflicek. I'll let you Czech it out on Google if you don't know the story but looking at them they both look a bit like Eranio and Raziak so maybe they did get here eventually

image.thumb.png.325689babf684a2dc97e4c2e431af1fd.png

And Fuertes is an interesting one - went on to have a 250 goal / 570 game career and was the oldest player ever debuted for Argentina. Who knows what might have been....

He will see a pathway to the first team here. He might think, work hard, get on the bench, maybe get a goal or two off the bench, maybe get a start or two. Couple more goals and with show crazy english  football is with english players he will probably get a 15mill move to newcastle or Southampton in a years time.

People go on about his attitude. He has agent baggage. Hopefully now over, being advised better and getting back on track.

He is very highly rated and for me is really worth a gamble.

5 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Proper older people will remember these two fellas - Kubik and Knoflicek. I'll let you Czech it out on Google if you don't know the story but looking at them they both look a bit like Eranio and Raziak so maybe they did get here eventually

And Fuertes is an interesting one - went on to have a 250 goal / 570 game career and was the oldest player ever debuted for Argentina. Who knows what might have been....

Yep- I remember - what a shambles that was!

Even older people will remember Ian Storey Moore...

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

What players those two were, shame that Maxwell and co got stitched up following their defection from behind the iron curtain. The FA did us over back then, some things don’t change. They both went over to Fiorentina if memory serves me right. 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What players those two were, shame that Maxwell and co got stitched up following their defection from behind the iron curtain. The FA did us over back then, some things don’t change. They both went over to Fiorentina if memory serves me right. 

One went to Italy , the other Germany

Would be a huge coup for the U23s this. Exactly the sort of recruitment we should be doing at academy level really, picking up the talents known to have massive potential, but who need a bit of work to get there for whatever reason. Big clubs might not be interested in him because of what happened when he left Liverpool, which leaves us with a big opportunity to pick him up and try and get his career back on track. He’s obviously a hugely talented player, arguably one of the most promising English youths, so he’d be a very exciting signing. Think this evidences the increase in stature of our academy as well - I suspect players like Duncan would choose to come here because they’ve seen lots of evidence of us developing young players and promoting them into the first team. 

Sounds very much like this one is happening, be very interesting to see how he develops.

I like the sound of this. Knows where the net is, still really young and can really increase in value. 

I’m  sure most of us were stupid when we were young and we didn’t have thousands of pounds being chucked as us to kick a ball being touted about by people after screwing them for as much money as they can get.

If we can get his head straight we’ve got a real prospect on our hands. Loving this transfer window 

Archived