Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Xlor said:

We haven't got a best 11. 

I'm better than most of them and I'm blind and only have 1 leg.  If this lot are footballers then I'm kylie minogues dead dog dad. 

Toss

You've got one leg, I'll stick you on the wing so you have to cross with your missing one. 

10 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Maybe any team outside the top few should just give up then as they will never win the top division or cup? 

No. There is nothing wrong with entering them, seeing how far you can get, see if you can take some bigger scalps, test yourselves against higher placed teams, see if you can win it or reach the semifinals and, when allowed, create good away days for supporters. But, whilst you can hope and dream, any supporters of championship teams that think they even have an outside chance (let alone reasonable or good chance) of winning one of the cups is deluded. 

We play too deep because of the way the players are coached and the desired playing style of the manager.

Cocu's responsibility - especially when has happened so many times in so many matches. He will be going the way of many famous-player managers in the EFL if he doesn't learn.

6 hours ago, Rugby Ram said:

Just to offer a positive from tonight, thought Roos looked much more assured with crosses and an all-round good performance from him today

Agree with this, I'd go as far as saying he's looked good ever since he came back in for Hamer at the back end of last season. I think the break did him good and gave him chance to work on claiming crosses.

1 minute ago, Ram Bam said:

Agree with this, I'd go as far as saying he's looked good ever since he came back in for Hamer at the back end of last season. I think the break did him good and gave him chance to work on claiming crosses.

I agree, much improved. However, he didn’t need to be dropped in order to work on claiming crosses. Isn’t that one of the things he does in training whether he’s in the team or not? I would certainly hope so.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree, much improved. However, he didn’t need to be dropped in order to work on claiming crosses. Isn’t that one of the things he does in training whether he’s in the team or not? I would certainly hope so.

Shame really as since he came back in he has been pretty good. But because of him/Hamer being dire for the most part of last year Marshall is undoubtedly number one. 

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

God this ref is a bamford. Handball given for a header. Duck me

I just saw the replay. Clearly a header. His arm was tucked into his body.

mind you MTWs in the first half was more clear cut, he was moving his hand out of the way, but it was outside the natural silhouette of the body, if that’s still the rule this season.

not saying we deserved to win on the balance of play, but after fighting so we’ll with a man down, we deserved to take it to penalties. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I just saw the replay. Clearly a header. His arm was tucked into his body.

mind you MTWs in the first half was more clear cut, he was moving his hand out of the way, but it was outside the natural silhouette of the body, if that’s still the rule this season.

not saying we deserved to win on the balance of play, but after fighting so we’ll with a man down, we deserved to take it to penalties. 

Especially when I’m still convinced they should have had a red 5 minutes later. Whittaker was in and that could have been 2-0 and pretty much killed the tie. 

8 hours ago, Xlor said:

We haven't got a best 11. 

I'm better than most of them and I'm blind and only have 1 leg.  If this lot are footballers then I'm kylie minogues dead dog dad. 

Toss

Looks like someone is tired. How about nipping down the rod and supporting Forest??

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

We play too deep because of the way the players are coached and the desired playing style of the manager.

Exactly the sort of oft-repeated statement the "unacceptable" thread was created on the back of. It simply isn't true that what we're seeing is what he wants.

We've even been caught out a couple of times by long balls over the defenders because we're consciously trying to play with a  higher line this season.

The most damning thing about the penalty call for handball was that due to the rule change then there is absolutely no way he could've misconstrued that for handball at all. The ball now has to be below the armpit. 

We've been hosed plain and simple. Ref either wanted to get away early and saw that as his chance. A conspiracy theorist would go one more and mention the EFL. I'm not going to, of course. 

I'm just putting it out there that absolutely nobody, with the rule change in mind (or even before that but especially now), could give that decision without an ulterior motive. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The most damning thing about the penalty call for handball was that due to the rule change then there is absolutely no way he could've misconstrued that for handball at all. The ball now has to be below the armpit. 

We've been hosed plain and simple. Ref either wanted to get away early and saw that as his chance. A conspiracy theorist would go one more and mention the EFL. I'm not going to, of course. 

I'm just putting it out there that absolutely nobody, with the rule change in mind (or even before that but especially now), could give that decision without an ulterior motive. 

Ludicrous. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

No. There is nothing wrong with entering them, seeing how far you can get, see if you can take some bigger scalps, test yourselves against higher placed teams, see if you can win it or reach the semifinals and, when allowed, create good away days for supporters. But, whilst you can hope and dream, any supporters of championship teams that think they even have an outside chance (let alone reasonable or good chance) of winning one of the cups is deluded. 

I would say it’s possible since teams play much weaker sides, obviously not the final rounds. My general point is an outward frustration we haven’t challenged more seriously for any cups over the years. We fielded a good team yesterday and Lampard selected strong sides in the cups. Apart from that we have done like all teams and played weaker starting 11s. I remember Leicester winning it twice, beating Tranmere in the final once too and taking advantage of other teams not bothering. Think this is still the case until the later rounds. 
In the last 20 years, finalists have included Swansea, Wigan, Birmingham, Bradford, Blackburn so I would say it’s not inconceivable a team like Derby could win it. Certainly more likely than Leicester winning the Premier League ! 

Archived