Byrne – Knight – Bird – Shinnie – Buchanan

Sibley – Marriott

Expect

Marshall

Byrne MTW Evans Clarke Forsyth

Holmes Bird Rooney

Sibley

Marriott

Roos will be hard done by to be dropped, and whilst I mostly believe if you perform well you should keep the shirt, in his case we know his weaknesses and he is only a back up.  Also I think if we can get the first choice keeper and defenders as familiar as possible before October it would be advantageous. 

Playing 3 at the back we really don't need 2 holding midfielders, be better off playing a diamond with Bird deep, and Holmes and Knight adding a bit more forward thinking ahead of them.

I'd like

Marshall

Byrne MTW Clarke Buchanan

Rooney Bird

Holmes Sibley Knight

Marriott

That's the formation we are familiar with and most likely to run with this season, so lets get started with it, and new players can slot in as and when.

41 minutes ago, Rample said:

Expect

Marshall

Byrne MTW Evans Clarke Forsyth

Holmes Bird Rooney

Sibley

Marriott

Roos will be hard done by to be dropped, and whilst I mostly believe if you perform well you should keep the shirt, in his case we know his weaknesses and he is only a back up.  Also I think if we can get the first choice keeper and defenders as familiar as possible before October it would be advantageous. 

Playing 3 at the back we really don't need 2 holding midfielders, be better off playing a diamond with Bird deep, and Holmes and Knight adding a bit more forward thinking ahead of them.

I'd like

Marshall

Byrne MTW Clarke Buchanan

Rooney Bird

Holmes Sibley Knight

Marriott

That's the formation we are familiar with and most likely to run with this season, so lets get started with it, and new players can slot in as and when.

Holmes and Rooney big doubts

I'm expecting 3/5 at the back as we don't have anymore wingers than we did against Barrow.

Marshall

MTW, Evans, Clarke

Byrne, Bird, Rooney, Buchanan

Sibley        Knight

Marriott

Shinnie to replace Rooney if latter is not fit. I'm not a fan of this, too many kids involved for such a huge tactical change and demands. Rooney's influence becomes even more important if we line up with three at the back. 

Marshall

Twerk   Evans   Clarke

Byrne            Rooney           Shinnie

Knight        Bird

King Louis

Whittaker

Reading won't know what's hit em.

I’d be happy with a draw today considering how we’re going into the game. 

Marshall; Dutch, Evans, Clarke; Byrne, Knight, Bird, Shinnie, Buchanan; Sibley, Marriott. 

I don’t mind the team. I think it gives us a good foundation, although no doubt that chances will be at a premium. 

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d be happy with a draw today considering how we’re going into the game. 

Marshall; Dutch, Evans, Clarke; Byrne, Knight, Bird, Shinnie, Buchanan; Sibley, Marriott. 

I don’t mind the team. I think it gives us a good foundation, although no doubt that chances will be at a premium. 

Yes we will all be surprised if we create much.  Good personalities in the team. I'm hoping we're solid, fit enough and that new signings show promise.  Anyone know much about Reading? Think they're largely unchanged and their pacy wingers did pose problems for us last year.

Rooney

Marriott Whittaker waggy Sibbo

Marshall   Roos

Fozzy         Dutch Mike       Bird

Clarke (you know it makes sense)

In the spirit of the current forum trend of starting threads about  playing players hopelessly out of position here’s mine.

I’ll be pretty peed off if Cocu the clown doesn’t pick at least half the team out of position!

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I doesn't feel like the season is starting soon. Strange feeling and I'm certainly not super excited.

Anyone else ?

yeah exactly the same,  I'd be buzzing right now but just struggling to get excited.  

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Rooney

Marshall   Roos

Glad you agree with my proposal for Marshall as midfield enforcer ?

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Rooney

Marshall   Roos

In the spirit of the current forum trend of starting threads about  playing players hopelessly out of position here’s mine.

I’ll be pretty peed off if Cocu the clown doesn’t pick at least half the team out of position!

No Wisdom up front after his excellent cameo v Barrow? Leave it to the professionals, will you? ?

Archived