v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, niram said:

Soccer Saturday reporting Rooney and wags to start 

We wont win then.

I know hes good but I just cant see him passing to Rebekah Vardy all game. 

1 minute ago, David said:

We’re winning today. 3-0. Feel free to quote me later whilst I’m celebrating with a beer.

if we do don't run about the living room singing 'you've only come to see the champions' , it will come back to bite you.

Lot of pressure on Cocu today. He needs to pick the team he thinks will win the game, but he also has to maximise revenue from those people who haven't paid for the game yet.

A back 5, 2 defensive mids, Marriott and Sibley on the bench...am I going to pay to watch that lineup?

Start Marriott, Waghorn and Rooney up front with Sibley, Holmes and Lawrence behind them. Bird sitting infront of of back 3 of Byrne, Buchanan and Clarke. I'll pay double and we'll start getting neutrals to pay when the 5-4 scorelines keep coming in.

It's the opening day. Love it. Wish we were all there. If I recall, at PSV Cocu had an ordinary first season, assessing the team and the division. Then he won three titles in a row. It's the hope that kills you, but if you can't have hope on opening day, what's the point?

After his heroics against Barrow the toughest decision is to put Kelle Roos on the bench but in assessing the team last season, keeper was our number one issue and Marshall is here to correct that, so he just gets the nod. Kelle will play in the cups. I would love us to have already bought Joswiak but not announced him, so he can be a surprise on the teamsheet. But given the Rooney and Waggy comments, I'll settle for that.

Waggy's not had enough of a pre-season for a start, but the opportunity to change it and bring him and Whittaker on is quite possibly what we'll need. If he's able to play, Rooney will be determined to start to set the tone for the new campaign. Final spot on the bench up for grabs for one of the fringe/new youngsters. I've given it to Shonibare.

Marshall

Byrne      Te Wierik      Clarke        Forsyth

Bird        Rooney

Knight           Sibley            Shinnie

Marriott

Bench: Roos Davies Buchanan Evans Waghorn Whittaker Shonibare

Archived