v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be more than happy with a draw in this one. Think it’s gonna take quite a few clubs a few games to hit their stride. I’d expect a very different side 6 games in compared to this game.

With no further signings and no one back to fitness I'd be tempted to go 

Marshall 

MTW   Evans  Clarke

Byrne   Bird  Shinnie   Buchanan 

Sibley 

Whittaker Mariott 

That or drop Evans for Knight and shuffle into a 4231 

Marshall 

Te Wierik.                      Wisdom                    Clarke

Byrne                                                                                              Buchanan

Holmes                          Bird                       Shinnie

Sibley.                  Marriott 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Marshall 

Te Wierik.                      Wisdom                    Clarke

Byrne                                                                                              Buchanan

Holmes                          Bird                       Shinnie

Sibley.                  Marriott 

Holmes is injured ? 

5 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Donald Trump - Right back for Wigan having a medical at DCFC prior to signing -soft transfer embargo which charge from EFL being heard by the tribunal - now over because we won - you might be in Derby - the year is 2020  - as for your hearing ??????? 

Marple Cheshire, but Derbyshire is only a mile away so I should have stood over the border to hear everything Rams 

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Would definitely start Whittaker & I'd have Shinnie LW, in a role similar to that he played away at Birmingham in August - we need some presence up there.

image.png.d35c9b40db3afa78c40cea2c66031a1b.png

Shinnie at left wing makes me slightly nauseous. 

32 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Would definitely start Whittaker & I'd have Shinnie LW, in a role similar to that he played away at Birmingham in August - we need some presence up there.

image.png.d35c9b40db3afa78c40cea2c66031a1b.png

I was going to say switch Shinnie and Knight but then that attacking midfield three would be really lightweight. 

Really shows the lack of depth we have in forward areas, especially with this current crop of injuries.

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Shinnie at left wing makes me slightly nauseous. 

I thought he did fine against Birmingham, scored that day & generally contributed. Also provides protection for Buchanan. Like @IslandExile says, we've got precious few options (unless we go real wildcard & put Tyree Wilson/another LW yoof there) until injuries clear up. Also think he's more effective there than Knight, who is better centrally.

12 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Marshall

Byrne - Te Wierik - Clarke - Forsyth

Bird - Shinnie

Knight - Sibley - Whittaker

Marriott

Exactly the team I’d go for. Bring Rooney on later in the game where his fitness issues won’t show as much, maybe the last 45/30 mins. Whittaker on the right and knight on the left. 

Thought Whittaker looked confident against barrow. Tried to get at people, get passes into the box, pretty sure his driving run and pass led to Marriott’s chance against barrow. I like Whittaker and confidence is a forwards game. Get him playing (they’re isn’t anyone else) and get him scoring.

If we go 5-3-2, better to make it more like a 3-5-2...

Whittaker needs to play more centrally, he's not a winger, Byrne provides the width to help him out. I'd like to see Bird a little higher up the pitch at times too.

Marshall

Te Wierik    Evans    Clarke

Byrne                    Shinnie                     Forsyth

Bird  
                                         Knight   

<- - -  - - - Sibley - - - - - -  - - - - - - ->  
                            Marriott  

Marshall

Te Wierik    Evans    Clarke

Byrne                    Bird                      Buchanan

Knight   
                                        Sibley

<- - - - -  Whittaker - - - - - - - - - - - ->    
                           Marriott  

Think we are likely to see a back 3/5 for this one, with so many players out - Lawrence, Waggy, Holmes all out, expecting Rooney to only be fit enough for the bench. As much as I hate the phrase, I would take a point, but then again, a sudden change in manager might help us out?

Marshall; Te Wierik, Evans, Clarke; Byrne, Bird, Shinnie, Knight, Buchanan; Sibley, Marriott.

Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Whittaker, Rooney, Davies, Shonibare

Marshall 

wisdom dutchmike clarke Forsyth     

Bird Shinnie 

Whittaker sibley.   Knight

Marriott 

i wouldn’t start Whittaker but I think he will and Forsyth will start the season but during the game Buchanan could replace him if we change to 352. In the 2nd half 

Archived