v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Think unless Marriott can work out how to play up top on his own we’ll struggle for goals, however still think we can nick a win. 

Yes, but he hasn’t shown any indication that he will and he probably needs a partner or to be counter attacking at pace, which we don’t do currently 

Lucky we’re playing a team like reading, might stubble across the line with a result in this one, I do think we will come good as I believe in the process we are undertaking. However until we get the offensive players in we’re unlikely to get the goals. I actually think Cocu is shaping Marriott to be our main man this season but he needs service. Injury free and with a couple of wingers I back Marriott to be our top goal scorer. 
our defence looks the most solid it has in a long time, same with midfield and a proper keeper again. We just need the wingers and strikers to come good now. 

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Lucky we’re playing a team like reading, might stubble across the line with a result in this one, I do think we will come good as I believe in the process we are undertaking. However until we get the offensive players in we’re unlikely to get the goals. I actually think Cocu is shaping Marriott to be our main man this season but he needs service. Injury free and with a couple of wingers I back Marriott to be our top goal scorer. 
our defence looks the most solid it has in a long time, same with midfield and a proper keeper again. We just need the wingers and strikers to come good now. 

I can't see it,Cocu likes a target man which,in the absence of anyone else coming in,will be Waggers when's he's fit.

ji just don't think Cocu has much choice other than to use Marriott for the next few games

Looks like we're left with: 

Marshall

Buchanan/Forsyth Clarke Evans Te Wierek  Byrne

Bird Shinnie/Rooney

Knight             Sibley 

Marriott

Roos - Wisdom - Davies - Buchanan/Forsyth - Shinnie/Rooney - Whittaker - maybe Hector-Ingram/Shonibare/Ibrahim as 7th sub  ? 

Seeing as no new signings in today, I'd go:

Marshall

Wisdom - MTW - Clarke - Buchanan

Rooney - Bird

Whittaker - Sibley - Knight

Marriott

Shinnie in for Rooney if he's not fit and Byrne for Wisdom if the same. I'd actually start Jozefzoon over Knight or Whittaker as he's our only fit senior winger, but he appears to have been completely frozen out. Not too confident but hoping that Reading are poor and we edge it. I'll be even less confident if we start in 3 at the back. 

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

could do with this being a week later, the EFL have helped Reading here in stopping our recruitment , goals is the issue 

Right can someone explain please. I’ve read Byrne elsewhere. Don’t know who this is and why some think he’s playing. Transfer embargo. Well again I’ve heard absolutely nothing. Where am I? What year is this? Who’s the President? Arrrggghhhh I clearly know nothing about anything. 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Right can someone explain please. I’ve read Byrne elsewhere. Don’t know who this is and why some think he’s playing. Transfer embargo. Well again I’ve heard absolutely nothing. Where am I? What year is this? Who’s the President? Arrrggghhhh I clearly know nothing about anything. 

Donald Trump - Right back for Wigan having a medical at DCFC prior to signing -soft transfer embargo which charge from EFL being heard by the tribunal - now over because we won - you might be in Derby - the year is 2020  - as for your hearing ??????? 

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Oh god.... you dont want to find out who is the president.....probably best you dont know..you would never believe me if i told you anyway!!

1 hour ago, California Ram. said:

Looks like we're left with: 

Marshall

Buchanan/Forsyth Clarke Evans Te Wierek  Byrne

Bird Shinnie/Rooney

Knight             Sibley 

Marriott

Roos - Wisdom - Davies - Buchanan/Forsyth - Shinnie/Rooney - Whittaker - maybe Hector-Ingram/Shonibare/Ibrahim as 7th sub  ? 

Nah, I can’t see Byrne at left back and Fozzy moving to right back ?

Archived