Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Did for me buddy. Not sure what the issue was really but from my PoV, its good to know there's still a big old world to explore out there. Not long now and we should all be able to be off on a jaunt or two. Anyway, hope you're home safe and sound buddy. 

All going well we are making tentative arrangements to come over there early next year.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Looks beautiful ?

Just outside of Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef is not far off the coast hence no waves and all in our backyard. Just not a place to visit between Nov to March, monsoon season so it’s wet and humid and you have to wear stinger suits in the water so the irukanji jellyfish don’t get you. The rest of the year there is beautiful.

On 04/03/2021 at 22:27, Stagtime said:

Some waterproof rating. 15000 -3000 is a good rating, 5000 is classed waterproof so 10,000 should be the ducks guts.

That's an excellent tent, and very highly regarded over here (Generally excellent reviews).  (Though not too many Zempire suppliers, as they are from over your way, I believe?)

I came close to getting one a few years back, but took the cotton canvas route instead.

"Hydrostatic Head is the measure of how water resistant your tent material is. It measures how tall a column of water the fabric can hold before water starts to seep through the weave. A Hydrostatic Head of 5000mm means that a tent fabric could hold a column of water that is 5000mm tall."

In the UK, 1,500 is minimum to be "Officially classed as waterproof"... but is not all that, and you will no doubt get drips in a half decent downpour! 
Most family tents over here (Vango/Outwell etc) rate between 3,000 to 6,000.
10,000 is usually reserved for the thicker/heavier gauge groundsheet only (not the flysheet).

That all applies to synthetic tents of course.  Cotton Canvas doesn't come with an HH rating.

Very Nice tent.  Enjoy!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Sorry to hear your plans have been altered, hopefully you've made new arrangements without too much fuss.

It’s worked out quite well really, bagged myself an extra year to see if I can find anyone better.

Got the same date booked for next year, falls on a Sunday but it’s bank holiday weekend. 

No extra costs or anything, all been pretty smooth really. 

Cheers anyhow 

Sith Happens

After our Maldives holiday has been cancelled for the 2nd year running we have booked a week in isle of wight at the end of May, never been but hey at least its overseas.

Still remain hopeful for Turkey in September.

On 06/03/2021 at 11:01, Sith Happens said:

After our Maldives holiday has been cancelled for the 2nd year running we have booked a week in isle of wight at the end of May, never been but hey at least its overseas.

Still remain hopeful for Turkey in September.

Don't tell @David, he thinks that turkey at Christmas is bad enough.

On 07/03/2021 at 10:33, richinspain said:

Don't tell @David, he thinks that turkey at Christmas is bad enough.

Damn right. Although the country Turkey isn’t too bad....once you get into the tourist resorts, bit like when you get to the roasties on the Turkey dinner.

Actual Turkey, ugh.

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Hey everyone... I think we have a new forum competition... Finish the sentence!  ?

there is only one toilet.....

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Found a 13-man villa for 6 days in Zante from 16-22nd August. So tempting to book but...

I’ve been banned from several airlines for fiddling in the toilets without locking the door. 

Gave one old lady a heart attack which diverted the flight so she could get medical attention.

The pilot missed his daughters school play and several passengers had to be compensated for taxi fares all because I couldn’t keep it in my pants until we landed and made it to the hotel.

St. Ives booked the week before "everything goes back to normal". Will probably mix our time between the "town" and beaches which will probably still be busy and a few coastal walks. 

Then hopefully camping in the Peaks with the lads in July.

Depending how things go we're hopeful of either a city break somewhere in central Europe or a Cyprus villa in September but waiting that one out as late as possible.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

...Depending how things go we're hopeful of either a city break somewhere in central Europe or a Cyprus villa in September but waiting that one out as late as possible.

Can I interest you in Zante?

I know someone who's struggling to find enough mates to fill a big villa.  

You won't have to pal up every evening, but maybe just let him tag along on a few evenings, just to be polite?  

I've booked a holiday abroad beginning of September. Took advantage of a good deal from Jet2. Done everything through them, covid travel insurance, can move the booking if required. 

The government keeping saying it's too early to book holidays abroad, yet they don't want to keep bailing out the travel industry. You can't have it both ways. My thought was with booking Majorca is the majority of the holiday makers on the island are British and by the time I go, many of the tourists will have had a vaccine. I've already had covid too so the chances of me catching it again after having a vaccine will be incredibly small.

I don't see what the issue is with going abroad if you've been vaccinated. As long as you follow the guidance of the country's covid rules, I think you'll be fine.