Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Give over, you’ve been raving in kavos every year with the lads since 1999.

watch him deny it

Went to Kavos in 2012 during Euros. I was already 35 years of age and felt very much out of place. Never had passport until 2003. Had first holiday to Faliraki. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Went to Kavos in 2012 during Euros. I was already 35 years of age and felt very much out of place. Never had passport until 2003. Had first holiday to Faliraki. 

I knew he’d deny it. ?

Just now, sage said:

Do you go to Crete every year?

Had three stag holidays in 2019 so didn’t go that year. But apart from 09, 12 and 14, when I tried other Greek Islands. Yes. 

I try to do two holidays a year, one in Stalis and one elsewhere. 

I can go there alone as I know it that well. Think I’ve been there 5 or 6 times on my own just to get away. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Had three stag holidays in 2019 so didn’t go that year. But apart from 09, 12 and 14, when I tried other Greek Islands. Yes. 

I try to do two holidays a year, one in Stalis and one elsewhere. 

I can go there alone as I know it that well. Think I’ve been there 5 or 6 times on my own just to get away. 

I did Fertilia in Sardinia 4 years in a row 08-11 and Dalyan 17,18,19 so i get that familiarity thing when you find somewhere you like.

I quite like doing 1 holiday i've been before and 1 or 2  I haven't each year.  

5 minutes ago, sage said:

I did Fertilia in Sardinia 4 years in a row 08-11 and Dalyan 17,18,19 so i get that familiarity thing when you find somewhere you like.

I quite like doing 1 holiday i've been before and 1 or 2  I haven't each year.  

If Crete isn’t Amber, and Portugal is, we might switch flights and do Albufeira. I’ve been on a night out when golfing there, and again on a couple of nights during stag holiday. I’d like to see what it’s like for a week. With my mates, it’s hard to justify to their wags a vegas or ashes trip! So it’s cheap and cheerful, keep it <£1000 all in! 

Quickly coming to the realisation that I can't really be arsed with the stress, uncertainty and sheer faff of trying to go abroad this year.

Battling the scramble to get something booked (probably at inflated prices) when the green list is announced & then stressing about whether they'll still be "green" by the time we're returning from holiday. Still probably having to wear masks on holiday, with one eye constantly on the news for restriction updates.

Bugger that.

Got 3 Camping weekends & 1 Glamping trip (Mon-Fri) booked in the UK this summer & that'll do.

Use the money saved to hopefully go large next year instead (Maldives/Mexico)

If Crete isn’t Amber, and Portugal is, we might switch flights and do Albufeira. I’ve been on a night out when golfing there, and again on a couple of nights during stag holiday. I’d like to see what it’s like for a week. With my mates, it’s hard to justify to their wags a vegas or ashes trip! So it’s cheap and cheerful, keep it <£1000 all in! 

Haven’t you got yourself a nice woman/man yet to go away with mate?

My lad used tinder, how very modern it all is nowadays.

The hotel I'm (hopefully) stopping at has its own fully equipped Covid lab, where you can be tested everyday foc if you wish.

Staff are tested daily too, last year they didn't have a single positive result in any of the hotels in their group.

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

The hotel I'm (hopefully) stopping at has its own fully equipped Covid lab, where you can be tested everyday foc if you wish.

Staff are tested daily too, last year they didn't have a single positive result in any of the hotels in their group.

Are you sure that’s a Hotel? It may be Hospital. 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Are you sure that’s a Hotel? It may be Hospital. 

Reminds me of when we stayed at the Anzac in London.

The room description included a healthy complimentary minibar, which I took to mean a large selection of alcoholic drinks.

Turns out it was a mini fridge stocked with carrot juice and water.

Grant Shapps you Bamford.

Looks like we need to make a decision.

a) ride it out and hope Crete goes Green in 3 weeks time or b) switch to Portugal now before the price hike.

We voted, unanimously, to switch flights to Albufeira. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

We voted, unanimously, to switch flights to Albufeira. 

Probably a good move. They way this Govt reacts is everything short of logical. Who knows what they'll do on the 3 week review date.