Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

On 22/02/2021 at 18:07, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Reckon it's worth booking a holiday now for August? Do you think prices will go up between now and then, or is it worth waiting?

I'd book, home or abroad. But only if you can afford to lose deposits or get a deal whereby company rearranges for little cost if you can't go.

We waited last year to book anything until we were told it was okay and by then nearly everything booked up.

We have a cottage booked in June, did it before we were told not to, really looking forward to it now as probably the lowest risk type of break for us oldies! 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd book, home or abroad. But only if you can afford to lose deposits or get a deal whereby company rearranges for little cost if you can't go.

We waited last year to book anything until we were told it was okay and by then nearly everything booked up.

We have a cottage booked in June, did it before we were told not to, really looking forward to it now as probably the lowest risk type of break for us oldies! 

Thanks for the advice. Although I can assure you it won't be a cottage break!

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Your missing out youth. Get a gang of mates to a cottage, loads of booze and food and good times on the cheap. If you book near a town or city too, you can experience the local night life.

Don't waste your breath, mate.

I suspect @DarkFruitsRam7 is fully aware of the virtues of cottaging.  He's just trying to portray a certain image, in front of the lads, on match day.
Well... He ain't got me fooled! ?

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Your missing out youth. Get a gang of mates to a cottage, loads of booze and food and good times on the cheap. If you book near a town or city too, you can experience the local night life.

Sounds fun, but the priority is Zante or somewhere similar.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sounds fun, but the priority is Zante or somewhere similar.

found Zante to be full of gangs when I was there. Was lively, but always the vibe that at any moment, someone wired on heavily cut cocaine was about to bottle someone for looking at them the wrong way. There seemed to be no "holiday mood" there that you get in many resorts. Where everyone just wants to laugh and have good times.

I've booked a UK tour for late July.

Staying at mates in Oxford 1 night

Travelodge in Christchurch 1 night 

B&B near the Square & Compassin Worth Matravers 3 nights

2 nights at a mates on Cornwall/Devon border followed by Derbyshire at Taunton on the way to ...

Mates in Oxford on the way home.

8 nights, £160 accom. £160x2 beer

On 21/02/2021 at 20:28, Stagtime said:

Thanks mate, just thought it might put some happiness in people's lives. No offence taken if someone has different views. We're set up looking to cross the border at 12.01 am Friday when our 14 days lockout is over.

Did for me buddy. Not sure what the issue was really but from my PoV, its good to know there's still a big old world to explore out there. Not long now and we should all be able to be off on a jaunt or two. Anyway, hope you're home safe and sound buddy. 

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/lodges/beach-cove-coastal-retreat-bcov

Off there at the end of April for a week, was meant to get married May 1st so we arrive there a day before, BBQ and drinks on the beach in our rain jackets knowing our luck. 

Sister went there in the summer, cost over a grand, we got it for £500, not much there apparently, beach on below and a 30 minute walk to some civilisation if we so wish.

Love Cornwall/Devon area, just 3G/4G signal is a nightmare, really makes you feel cut off. Will have to load the iPad up with Netflix series and films.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Off there at the end of April for a week, was meant to get married May 1st so we arrive there a day before, BBQ and drinks on the beach in our rain jackets knowing our look. 

Sister went there in the summer, cost over a grand, we got it for £500, not much there apparently, beach on below and a 30 minute walk to some civilisation if we so wish.

Love Cornwall/Devon area, just 3G/4G signal is a nightmare, really makes you feel cut off. Will have to load the iPad up with Netflix series and films.

Sorry to hear your plans have been altered, hopefully you've made new arrangements without too much fuss.

1 hour ago, David said:

Off there at the end of April for a week, was meant to get married May 1st so we arrive there a day before, BBQ and drinks on the beach in our rain jackets knowing our look. 

I really like Cornwall, but prefer Devon, especially North Devon. I think Cornwall gets more plaudits as it's further away, and more famous, but better to stop at Devon.

And Cornish pasties? Who wants potato in pastry? Likewise a burrito with rice in bread!