Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

We've got last 2 weeks of August in Kalkan booked still.  Booked flights back in September.

My guess is that Turkey will be allowing tourists, but going there means you would have to quarantine when you arrive back.  Think it might be tricky getting flights money back.

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We've got last 2 weeks of August in Kalkan booked still.  Booked flights back in September.

My guess is that Turkey will be allowing tourists, but going there means you would have to quarantine when you arrive back.  Think it might be tricky getting flights money back.

The problem may be more not being allowed abroad by the British government, rather than foreign countries allowing tourists in. I'm sure the likes of Spain, Portugal, Greece etc. would love to get their tourist economies back up and running, but if there's a ban on travel abroad then it's a no go; flights will be cancelled and travel insurance will be invalid.

We've got two weeks in Mallorca booked in August, but that's just rolled over from last year. We're taking the approach of not expecting to go, but if we do it'll be a (massive) bonus. We just have to wait and see ?‍♂️

I can't go to Europe, so I've decided to bring Europe to me - mainly Belgium, with an excursion over the border into the Netherlands and a quick trip to Germany...

• Moinette Ambree   :2
  • Rince Cochon Aromatisee Au Whisky   :2
  • Troubadour Obscura   :2
  • Trappistes Rochefort 8   :2
  • Malheur 8   :2
  • La Chouffe 330ml   :4
  • Charles Quint   :4
  • Trappist Achel Brune   :2
  • Keyte Ostendse Tripel   :4
  • Zennerbrouwerij Jambe de Bois   :2
  • Pater Lieven Tripel   :2
  • Keyte Ostendse Dobbel Tripel   :2
  • Urthel Samaranth   :2
  • Grimbergen Optimo Bruno   :2
  • La Trappe Tripel   :6
  • La Trappe Quadrupel   :4
  • Orval   :2
  • Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock   :2

Positive noises this morning across various stories. My planned holiday to Crete on June 16th still in the balance though. I think I need the UK Govt to treat the Greek islands differently to mainland, and put it on the Green List, OR, i need UK Govt to say vaccinated don’t need to quarantine from amber list. ?? 

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Positive noises this morning across various stories. My planned holiday to Crete on June 16th still in the balance though. I think I need the UK Govt to treat the Greek islands differently to mainland, and put it on the Green List, OR, i need UK Govt to say vaccinated don’t need to quarantine from amber list. ?? 

I'm praying for Zante?

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Have you checked your industry isn't on the essential workers list, so freeing you from quarantine?