Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

Thought it might be a good idea to see what people are planning next year....whats booked, have you booked it pre or during covid, is it a rescheduled trip following cancellation/postponement this year?

Our plans so far if things allow:

Maldives beginning of May..this was supposed to happen this year. Kuoni moved it for us like for like cost and everything to the same dates in 2021 after it was cancelled.

Brugge end of May for a weekend, plan to do this using voucher I got for cancelling eurotunnel trip to france last month.

Turkey august/sept 2021.....brand new booking.

My gut feeling is telling me the maldives wont happen as fully expect some sort of second wave/spike to hit through the winter. Brugge might do. Think Turkey will be ok.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Damn. This was my thread from 2013-2018. Never getting it back.... unless......

should i start a 2022 thread? ? 

you can we have our plans already 

France booked june 2022

Koutofoulori hopefully beginning September 2022

On 05/09/2020 at 16:58, Paul71 said:

Thought it might be a good idea to see what people are planning next year....whats booked, have you booked it pre or during covid, is it a rescheduled trip following cancellation/postponement this year?

Our plans so far if things allow:

Maldives beginning of May..this was supposed to happen this year. Kuoni moved it for us like for like cost and everything to the same dates in 2021 after it was cancelled.

Brugge end of May for a weekend, plan to do this using voucher I got for cancelling eurotunnel trip to france last month.

Turkey august/sept 2021.....brand new booking.

My gut feeling is telling me the maldives wont happen as fully expect some sort of second wave/spike to hit through the winter. Brugge might do. Think Turkey will be ok.

Which Island in the Maldives?.

Went there 4 times with the first Mrs Wolfie & would love to go back.

....just not with her.

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Which Island in the Maldives?.

Went there 4 times with the first Mrs Wolfie & would love to go back.

....just not with her.

Kuramathi hopefully

Went to Kalkan for the last 2 Summers but thought we'd try somewhere else this year. Just booked again for next Summer, a year without going is more than enough. If anyone is heading that way, Turkish Airlines now do direct flights from Gatwick to Dalaman at good times too. They were also flying from Stanstead, but with a partner airline. Will hopefully watch us play our first match in the Prem on TV there.

We were supposed to be going to Jordan and Israel this Summer. Managed to move the flights for free to next Easter so fingers crossed for that. Probably works out better at Easter as won't be so hot, and can fly to Aqaba in Jordan at Easter.

I've always wanted to go to Petra but imagined it would cost huge amounts of money. You could probably do it for a long weekend now and for a similar price as it you were going to visit a Western European city. Just hope Easyjet keep flying there.

Anyone got any good tips for Jordan, especially for getting transport to Petra/Wadi Rum/Elat border? Or for car hire in Israel at the border.

I've been to Israel once before and loved it. Going to Dead Sea, Massada, Jerusalem and Tiberias, before staying with friends for a few days. Great place to visit if you wanna go somewhere a bit different.