Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Not to put you off, but in summer you are looking at well over 3hrs to Landsend, I remember it only for being pretty unremarkable. There are nicer places nearer on the north coast. The coast road drive is very pretty.

I concur, lands End is a once in a life time experience.  Mind you, I’ve been twice, must have forgotten how crap it was the first time.

14 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Camping at Jindabyne, Snowy Mountains and climbing Mt Kosciusko our highest mountain.

081E569F-D723-427C-98C8-F2E5BD351E1E.thumb.jpeg.f0c55d6da693fb4ad907ae5d9b298a27.jpeg97588BEC-8BF9-4E45-9FD0-65B238DB1BD4.thumb.jpeg.7d0e8d56c3862730505c3d1f3bfee203.jpegA99240B6-9AD8-4F4C-9E5D-EEF9BAB9D60A.thumb.jpeg.1f5317adf7ac639bd8b6cb11421f51f4.jpeg

No offence buddy but your last couple of posts remind me of my brothers Facebook. He lives in southern France. Slightly insensitive posts of him out and about enjoying himself in the sunshine whilst most of us are restricted to our local area in a cold and wet UK and with no immediate prospect of getting away to sunnier climes anytime soon. 

His posts annoy the hell out of my elderly parents who can’t even get out the house. Luckily, I’ve never followed him on Facebook so only hear about what he’s up to second hand.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No offence buddy but your last couple of posts remind me of my brothers Facebook. He lives in southern France. Slightly insensitive posts of him out and about enjoying himself in the sunshine whilst most of us are restricted to our local area in a cold and wet UK and with no immediate prospect of getting away to sunnier climes anytime soon. 

His posts annoy the hell out of my elderly parents who can’t even get out the house. Luckily, I’ve never followed him on Facebook so only hear about what he’s up to second hand.

In fairness... and I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong... But I believe @Stagtime is still on his jollies only because the state borders got shut down whilst he was away, and couldn't get home?

Anyway, As he's literally over the other side of the world, and governed by different rules, I think it's unfair to pull him up for posting.  Yes, I'm highly jealous of his trip, and I'd love to be out camping myself right now... even in the currently cold and wet UK... but I don't feel offended by them.  Put more on I say!

Of course, if travel rules are being broken by folks taking their trips, then taking offence becomes much easier!

I would think that if holiday snaps could potentially offend, it's probably best not to click on any holiday threads for now?  

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In fairness... and I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong... But I believe @Stagtime is still on his jollies only because the state borders got shut down whilst he was away, and couldn't get home?

Anyway, As he's literally over the other side of the world, and governed by different rules, I think it's unfair to pull him up for posting.  Yes, I'm highly jealous of his trip, and I'd love to be out camping myself right now... even in the currently cold and wet UK... but I don't feel offended by them.  Put more on I say!

Of course, if travel rules are being broken by folks taking their trips, then taking offence becomes much easier!

I would think that if holiday snaps could potentially offend, it's probably best not to click on any holiday threads for now?  

I'm not really "offended" and don't begrudge him getting away. Same as I don't blame my brother - I'd do the same if I could, but some, my parents for example, get a bit annoyed when they can't get out. 

I like the holiday "plans" thread as I'm interested to see what people are thinking. Perhaps there should be separate one for "holiday snaps".

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just cancelled ours. A trip to Montenegro for my nephews wedding in late May/ early June 2021. Re-booked it for September 2022 and the hotel very kindly charged us an extra 30 euros per night for the privilege. Very kind of them I thought...........not.

Yes, but by September next year, 30€ will be worth just 5€ in today's value, so you'll see it as an absolute snip, by then!  ?

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thanks mate, just thought it might put some happiness in people's lives. No offence taken if someone has different views. We're set up looking to cross the border at 12.01 am Friday when our 14 days lockout is over.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Reckon it's worth booking a holiday now for August? Do you think prices will go up between now and then, or is it worth waiting?

Late bookings being cheaper are a bit of a rarity, always book earlier the better. 

in my opinion anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve got flights booked 16th-23rd June. Anyone reckon I’ll get away without having to isolate when returning from Crete? Will i be allowed to go? 

We should know more 12th April. 

Sod it!

Camp sites filling up fast, and already resigned to not going to get over to France, so we've just booked first two weeks in September.

Same camp site as last Sept, just outside Lyme Regis, and lots of walking along the SE Coastal Path/Jurassic coast.

50% increase in camp site fees, (compared to last year) but hey, at least we know what to expect, so no nasty surprises!
Just a £50 deposit paid, with balance due 4 weeks before arrival, so worse case is not a lot to lose (It's transferable to other dates anyway, should all get closed down again).

And the most important bit of all... It's giving Muckerette something to look forward to, as she's starting to struggle a bit now.  xxx

On 21/02/2021 at 08:08, Tamworthram said:

I am the opposite,  and love to see @Stagtime's holiday photos as it reminds me that some parts of the world are fine and that we will eventually get back to all of that.