View From The Outside (20/21)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Some fans really are clueless. QPR for example

"I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks"

You could argue that Lowe, Bogle, Sibley, Knight and Bird are all in our best 11, which is almost half of it from our academy. Idiots.

I can't find the quote but I read somewhere that we offered more minutes to academy graduates than any other championship club last year. 

8 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I can't find the quote but I read somewhere that we offered more minutes to academy graduates than any other championship club last year. 

This one?

They aren’t the most accurate figures.

When I last checked (may have been after the last game) I had us at 5th. 
1. Huddersfield, 12372
2. Barnsley, 12265
3. Swansea, 9193
4. Charlton, 8330
5. Derby, 7916

A very large percentage of the minutes for Huddersfield and Swansea were from players loaned in.

However, we topped the charts for minutes given to former academy players. 
1. Derby, 11314
2. Forest, 11121
3. Blackburn, 10875
4. Charlton, 10231
5. Boro, 9923

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This one?

1. Huddersfield, 12372
2. Barnsley, 12265
3. Swansea, 9193
4. Charlton, 8330
5. Derby, 7916

A very large percentage of the minutes for Huddersfield and Swansea were from players loaned in.

1. Derby, 11314
2. Forest, 11121
3. Blackburn, 10875
4. Charlton, 10231
5. Boro, 9923

That's the one! 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This one?

1. Huddersfield, 12372
2. Barnsley, 12265
3. Swansea, 9193
4. Charlton, 8330
5. Derby, 7916

1. Derby, 11314
2. Forest, 11121
3. Blackburn, 10875
4. Charlton, 10231
5. Boro, 9923

I'm not sure you can trust this fellas figures. Check his name out, there is bound to be a mistake in there. 

Old Mr Propersloppychops on OTIB is having some sort of schizoid embolism, bless his little feta smeared chops. Seems to have been ranting to himself all day while his fellow Brizzle fans completely blank him. He's going to sign up on here apparently to 'meet his detractors head-on'!! What a absolute plank ?

12 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

I think David blocked his sign up.

Yes. He appears to have taken some um bridge to that as he's mentioned him in a post.  He keeps popping in for a look and posting comments from here so rather rattled. 

39 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Old Mr Propersloppychops on OTIB is having some sort of schizoid embolism, bless his little feta smeared chops. Seems to have been ranting to himself all day while his fellow Brizzle fans completely blank him. He's going to sign up on here apparently to 'meet his detractors head-on'!! What a absolute plank ?

He seems to be fixated on Derby going bust. Villa and Sheff. Wednesday as well. If not he settle for players getting broken legs.  What he fails to see, is that if this happens the championship will be full of no mark teams like Bristol City.  This will leave it as exciting to sponsors and broadcasters as a Monday night out in Uzbekistan. 

Just out of interest, I wonder when he sold the launderette in Walford, perhaps Dot Cotton was too much women for him to handle 7 days a week.

Archived