View From The Outside (20/21)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

[MTW] Sounds happy.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for him. 

Last week he played against Bournemouth (1-1). “I did fine, thankfully. It did me good. But last weekend I was back on the couch, I find that difficult...Last week I was at Bournemouth stadium, that's really English. Very nice. Then I think for a moment: wow, what if there is an audience here. This is English football, this is what I came for."

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Last week he played against Bournemouth (1-1). “I did fine, thankfully. It did me good. But last weekend I was back on the couch, I find that difficult...Last week I was at Bournemouth stadium, that's really English. Very nice. Then I think for a moment: wow, what if there is an audience here. This is English football, this is what I came for."

Really not working out for him. I think he might be suffering for being Cocu's man. Who knows, lot of things suck right now.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think the fact that he's handsomely paid mitigates against any feelings he might have?

On BBC comments for the Cocu sacking it was chock full of abuse for us with one fan stating that we "deserve to rot in hell". If there is one legacy that Mel will leave behind it's our perception in the wider football community. Right or wrongly a lot of bandwagoning against his methods has made us one the more unpopular clubs these days.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

On BBC comments for the Cocu sacking it was chock full of abuse for us with one fan stating that we "deserve to rot in hell". If there is one legacy that Mel will leave behind it's our perception in the wider football community. Right or wrongly a lot of bandwagoning against his methods has made us one the more unpopular clubs these days.

it's the same everywhere, you're just more aware of your own club. we're nothing special.

14 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

BBC has become like the mail and express

image.gif.590e51ab53435f38a2efea99a7061e60.gif

24 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I couldn't care less about what the vast majority of our own fans think about the club, so I certainly won't be losing sleep over what anybody else thinks, and neither should anybody else.

This is sport. It's entertainment. The so-called rivalries are all just a bit of panto. 

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I couldn't care less about what the vast majority of our own fans think about the club, so I certainly won't be losing sleep over what anybody else thinks, and neither should anybody else.

This is sport. It's entertainment. The so-called rivalries are all just a bit of panto. 

Oh no they’re not.

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

well one thing is for sure when other fans discuss Derby county...the phrase 'they're behind you ' has never been truer. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 12:11, tomsdubs said:

We can NEVER be as unpopular as Millwall or Leeds 

On 15/11/2020 at 12:15, Ramos said:

It’s crazy how I remember these threads being created in 2014 and 2015 and it was all about how fans of other clubs admired the way we played. How things have changed. 

Give it half an hour, there will be another team to dislike coming round the bend .......face ? Bovvered ?

Archived