View From The Outside (20/21)

Ghost of Clough

New season, new thread, with no better time to start.

Bournemouth
- What is more worrying to me is the fact a 35yr old keeper chose Derby over us.

Barnsley
- They cheated in the right manner.
- It's a joke [the verdict]

Birmingham
- Delighted for them.
- Good for them. Hopefully beginning of the end of P&S rules.
- Hoefully Morris sues the EFL over this.

Bristol
- Drive a coach and horses through the rule book ,spend like its gone out of fashion then get a let off by the EFL. It is because big billy baalocks (Wayne Rooney’s Derby ) is a bigger club than Wednesday so we have to be lenient .
- Also, the placeman of that ***** Mel Morris needs voting off the EFL board PRONTO... I'm not bitter but I hope they default on the loan to Dell and Pride Park becomes Europe's biggest Computing Trade Fair.
- As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it... Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground... ostracise the ******* as much as you can... Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity... Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat them- join them. Can't join 'em- kick 'em! Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League... Bit of the old kick them off the park would be alright.
- [Derby] are grubby
- Would like to see Rooney and co kicked up in the air- esp. Rooney- Game 1.

Huddersfield
- They've got away with it

Middlesbrough
- Derby have had all their charges dismissed. Disgusting.

Millwall
- Dodgy business... sharp accounting... what goes round comes round.
- EFL are a joke. That was clearly a bit of creative accounting.
- EFL !!! Bent Bamfords the lot of them.
- Scott Malone - Looking to get him back on loan. That will please a few people.

Norwich
- How depressing. Now they can go on and splash the cash - I see that they've signed David Marshall already.

Forest
I'm not surprised, to be honest.
- The EFL really are a shambles.
- Well they have certainly made a name for themselves as a club who like to bend the rules and look for loopholes. I'm sure plenty of their fans will be happy now that they can spend poo loads of money again, though personally I'd rather not have fans of every other club in the league look at my club as if they were a bunch of cheats.
- Gibson is a rick. Was happy chucking his Prem loser money about, had a mard we made them pay Assombalonga's release fee, so wanted nearly 50% more for Bamford from us than they had Leeds pay. He can duck off.

Preston
- Absolute piss take

QPR
A complete feckin' piss take
- Farce
- You just knew it would happen. If it was us, we'd be kicked out of the league for cheating.
- Derby are delighted at the result.I bet they fecking are.Carry on as normal Derby in your pitiful attempts to get to the premier league.
- I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks.

Sheffield Wednesday
- This was always going to happen.
- Good luck to them. Nice to see them stand up to the corrupt EFL and win.
- Always expected Derby to win.
- Only club likely to sue is Derby. Those charges cost the in January and they have had them in a soft embargo due to the (false) charges. EFL got shown up big time here.

Stoke
- Unbelievable, let's hope stoke sell their ground for 200million to denise coates
- Stoke don’t own the ground to sell...

Watford
- Big club wanted back in the PL. Can't have Wayne Rooney playing for a side starting on -10 points.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fans really are clueless. QPR for example

"I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks"

You could argue that Lowe, Bogle, Sibley, Knight and Bird are all in our best 11, which is almost half of it from our academy. Idiots.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Some fans really are clueless. QPR for example

"I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks"

You could argue that Lowe, Bogle, Sibley, Knight and Bird are all in our best 11, which is almost half of it from our academy. Idiots.

Championship is terrible for this. Everyone follows their own club as closely if not closer than Prem teams, but with nothing like the media coverage. Creates tunnel vision. The image of Derby in that bloke's mind probably involves Darrent Bent in a Just Eat-era shirt.

I'm a Championship idiot too. I'll be scanning for Darren Huckerby's name on the Norwich squad list in the matchday programme. 

Thanks for posting this. The salt mines are really working overtime. There's lots of of absolute pearlers here. I honestly think my favourite might be the Norwich fan equating signing a 35 year old 'keeper on a nominal fee to "splashing the cash".

I don’t get why people are soar about us finding loopholes and then legally exploiting them. It’s like you have to apologise for being the smartest person in the room. Not my fault your chairman’s not clever. Maybe go ask him why he didn’t think of it. 

meanwhile, qpr, Lolololol! Don’t se statistically play more kids than anyone else in the league these days, and have more academy products? The irony that they got promoted at our expense through actually cheating, and they only got punished at all cos they were too crap to stay up. 

I'm not taking these excerpts as anything like a fair sampling rate of respective fans reaction to the news yesterday. I am sure that there have been a lot omitted where the reaction is of total ambivalence/neutral or where they can actually see that it was ludicrous for the EFL to bring the charges in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t get why people are soar about us finding loopholes and then legally exploiting them. It’s like you have to apologise for being the smartest person in the room. Not my fault your chairman’s not clever. Maybe go ask him why he didn’t think of it. 

meanwhile, qpr, Lolololol! Don’t se statistically play more kids than anyone else in the league these days, and have more academy products? The irony that they got promoted at our expense through actually cheating, and they only got punished at all cos they were too crap to stay up. 

I think we were top 3 or 4 for minutes given to U21s. Top for minutes to academy graduates

We are the bandwagon hate club of the moment, most of the gripes and ideas people have of our club are totally inaccurate. We are 8th for net spend over the last 5 years and are playing loads of kids. The Derby County strawman is now just used for other fans to feel better about their own club's failings.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bournemouth
- What is more worrying to me is the fact a 35yr old keeper chose Derby over us.

Barnsley

Birmingham
- Delighted for them.

Bristol
- Drive a coach and horses through the rule book ,spend like its gone out of fashion then get a let off by the EFL. It is because big billy baalocks (Wayne Rooney’s Derby ) is a bigger club than Wednesday so we have to be lenient .
- Also, the placeman of that ***** Mel Morris needs voting off the EFL board PRONTO... I'm not bitter but I hope they default on the loan to Dell and Pride Park becomes Europe's biggest Computing Trade Fair.
- As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it... Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground... ostracise the ******* as much as you can... Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity... Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat them- join them. Can't join 'em- kick 'em! Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League... Bit of the old kick them off the park would be alright.
- [Derby] are grubby

Huddersfield

Middlesbrough

Millwall
- Scott Malone - Looking to get him back on loan. That will please a few people.

Norwich
- How depressing. Now they can go on and splash the cash - I see that they've signed David Marshall already.

Forest
- Well they have certainly made a name for themselves as a club who like to bend the rules and look for loopholes. I'm sure plenty of their fans will be happy now that they can spend poo loads of money again, though personally I'd rather not have fans of every other club in the league look at my club as if they were a bunch of cheats.
- Gibson is a rick. Was happy chucking his Prem loser money about, had a mard we made them pay Assombalonga's release fee, so wanted nearly 50% more for Bamford from us than they had Leeds pay. He can duck off.

Preston
- Absolute piss take

QPR
- Farce
- You just knew it would happen. If it was us, we'd be kicked out of the league for cheating.
- Derby are delighted at the result.I bet they fecking are.Carry on as normal Derby in your pitiful attempts to get to the premier league.
- I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks.

Sheffield Wednesday
- Only club likely to sue is Derby. Those charges cost the in January and they have had them in a soft embargo due to the (false) charges. EFL got shown up big time here.

Stoke
- Unbelievable, let's hope stoke sell their ground for 200million to denise coates

Watford
- Big club wanted back in the PL. Can't have Wayne Rooney playing for a side starting on -10 points.

Hahahahaha I’m not bitter but..............

And when was Mel on the EFL board?????? And they neglect to mention their own Mark Ashton is part of the EFL!

The absolute poo some know nothing idiots spout

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not taking these excerpts as anything like a fair sampling rate of respective fans reaction to the news yesterday. I am sure that there have been a lot omitted where the reaction is of total ambivalence/neutral or where they can actually see that it was ludicrous for the EFL to bring the charges in the first place. 

It's a forum - nobody forcing you to take anything.

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bournemouth

Barnsley

Birmingham
- Delighted for them.

Bristol
- [Derby] are grubby

Huddersfield

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Norwich

Forest

Preston
- Absolute piss take

QPR
- Farce

Sheffield Wednesday

Stoke

Watford

love the bristol city fans response. i can just imagine him spitting out his carrots as he typed

Archived