Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sounds silly but signing someone like him right now, he would need to isolate for two weeks! We couldn’t show him the stadium or ground if he came over, in fact you couldn’t even do negotiations face to face with him!

Season starts in three weeks!

That's assuming he's not back in England for a pre season break.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So it’s legit then. Surprises me that, I was still expecting us to hopefully bring Clarke back. This suggests maybe that isn’t possible and this lad is an alternative.

A bit of talk around about Watford getting Clarke because he was our player of the year last season and they can pay more money but we will see anyway can this guy actually play as a centre half? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

A bit of talk around about Watford getting Clarke because he was our player of the year last season and they can pay more money but we will see anyway can this guy actually play as a centre half? 

I’d be very disappointed if we lost out on Clarke to Watford. If he went to a Prem team I could understand but losing him purely because we can’t afford him would be saddening. FWIW Football Manager has this bloke down as a CB/LB, so yes it appears he can play centre half. It’s always a reliable source ?

55 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sounds silly but signing someone like him right now, he would need to isolate for two weeks! We couldn’t show him the stadium or ground if he came over, in fact you couldn’t even do negotiations face to face with him!

Season starts in three weeks!

Negotiate on zoom?

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

Hopefully Cocus got us looking further than Scotland for our future targets! 

Although Te Wierik aside, I see nothing in our recent transfer strategy over the last few years to suggest that he’s even on our radar, I doubt our scouting team even know where Monaco is

he’s not an over the hill mercenary looking for one last pay check 

he’s not 30+ with little to no resale value at all 

he doesn’t play in the United Kingdom 

we won’t have to pay over the odds for him 

I jest of course, but our transfer strategy should be exactly this type of player. £3 million quid invested becomes 20-30 million quid in 2 years time, just look at Benrahma / Maupay etc at Brentford. 

please Derby, for once we just look further than Scotland for some young, decent, exciting talent with a real chance of returned investment 

pretty please 

I'm sure the club's been aware of him for a long time, whether that was due to coming up against him at youth level or watching him play for England. I'm sure he's played in a few England games alongside our own academy players at various times.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm sure the club's been aware of him for a long time, whether that was due to coming up against him at youth level or watching him play for England. I'm sure he's played in a few England games alongside our own academy players at various times.

Perhaps Lampard was aware of him and we were tracking him back then.

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d be very disappointed if we lost out on Clarke to Watford. If he went to a Prem team I could understand but losing him purely because we can’t afford him would be saddening. FWIW Football Manager has this bloke down as a CB/LB, so yes it appears he can play centre half. It’s always a reliable source ?

CB is his primary position.

6 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Football manager legend. 

But not sure we'll be spending that money on anyone, and don't think we've ever signed a player after being linked to them by a foreign article along with a string of other teams. I feel like they chuck on some random championship teams to drive clicks. 

Have we got any money to spend on transfers.

Archived