Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

42 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You're right but to be fair to the guy who reported about Panzo he tweeted it hours before Conway did

But after the first article came out. I assume Conway/The Athletic check with their own sources before tweeting anything.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We're listening to Ryan Conway now after his shenanigans regarding the Gabay loan?

God no. Don’t dare criticise him either. He’s more defensive than Nicholson over click bait. 

24 minutes ago, rynny said:

Is that possible? 

You wouldn’t think so but when I had The Athletic he personally responded to every little criticism in the comments of his articles like an unbelievably personal attack had just taken place... and that isn’t even mentioning his Twitter. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

You wouldn’t think so but when I had The Athletic he personally responded to every little criticism in the comments of his articles like an unbelievably personal attack had just taken place... and that isn’t even mentioning his Twitter. 

Actually thinking about it, it doesn't surprise me. He came into my work and got all pissy when I wouldn't let him go into a part of the building that was locked so he could do an interview over the phone. Tried explaining that there was a reason why it was locked. 

I like Conway, seems like a nice guy, but can’t help but sometimes wish we had someone more on the ‘inside’ so to say. Leeds have got that Philip Hey bloke (think that’s his name) and his twitter account is a constant stream of relevant info from sponsorship deals to the colour of the bloody kit. Obviously it’s more to do with the way the clubs run, but I can dream we’ll get those inside scoops one day!

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Out of interest if you sign a player for the academy does that count towards p&s? I know some other academy costs dont a d i'm sure i heard a year or 2 ago we actually had a seperate transfer pot for academy players.

If the above is correct, could we sign Panzo for the academy due to his age and it not cost us on p&s? 

If you look at that again, the EFL can and will agree to anything and if you believe you are correct in what you are doing it becomes irrelevant because they just seem to change their minds when someone else complains or have I missed something?

I think Ryan Conway’s been a huge breath of fresh air and is by far the best person covering the club. Puts out way more content than anyone else, is quick on stories and I find myself agreeing with most of his takes on Derby.

Is a bit emotional and young but I’d rather have that than some of the boring old buggers the Athletic have covering other clubs.

Archived