Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the sort of signing we should be making, for sure. He was a regular starter in the England U17 world cup champions side. Unfortunately, if it IS a loan then I would expect him, for that very reason, to go to Swansea. Steve Cooper was the manager after all. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is the sort of signing we should be making, for sure. He was a regular starter in the England U17 world cup champions side. Unfortunately, if it IS a loan then I would expect him, for that very reason, to go to Swansea. Steve Cooper was the manager after all. 

Oh no, you might have a point. Could go the other way, might not have liked Cooper or may think a new coach is better. Cocu and Rooney could tempt. Maybe Frank and Jody could put a word in.

I do think some might be put off by lack of experience. Lower Prem sides could bite but he won't get game time because they will be afraid to risk him.

He seems smart and I like a player who would move abroad at a young age, shows openess. God I want this.

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Would we play him at left back or centre back? Could it mean selling Lowe for funds to get in JP?

If the link is legitimate and we are pursuing him, I'd assume its for the LCB position - Cocu's favor of balanced footed-ness in CBs is well reported and we don't have a lefty now Clarke's gone home.

16 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Surely we would have 4 mil to spend if necessary? A 19 year old cb with genuine quality and would be worth it especially with the value of english cb's now

Exactly the type of signing we should be making. Plus he is not blocking the academy as by the sounds of it we haven’t many options coming through for this position. 4 million but made up of plenty of add ons etc which reduces the risk of the deal. 

55 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Surely we would have 4 mil to spend if necessary? A 19 year old cb with genuine quality and would be worth it especially with the value of english cb's now

Having just borrowed a load of money, probably to cover gate receipt loss and deferred player wages we're more likely to be selling someone for 4 mill because its necessary.  

59 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Where will we be getting £4 million from? 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Or it could be a swab deal they get one there players for one of ours.

I can imagine the email now...

"Dear Monaco

Thank you for informing us on the price of Johnathan Panzo. Unfortunately we don't have the 5 million euros, but we do have a solution. Would you be interested a young winger, Massòn Bennétte? You can have him and 1 million euros. 

Merci, 

Derby County Football Club"

Archived