David Marshall - Signed on a 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

If he had his medical yesterday he would have signed the deal yesterday. 

Why it's taking so long to announce I have absolutely no idea. 

Only reason it's worrying is because of the charge over our head. Because if it's a transfer embargo then we're in a bit of trouble.

Also find it strange how there's been no talk from Cocu after yesterday, no explanation as to why Holmes, Wisdom, Rooney or Waghorn didn't play either. 

Something isn't right at the minute.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Only reason it's worrying is because of the charge over our head. Because if it's a transfer embargo then we're in a bit of trouble.

Also find it strange how there's been no talk from Cocu after yesterday, no explanation as to why Holmes, Wisdom, Rooney or Waghorn didn't play either. 

Freak Out Panic GIF

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would say he’s 5 10. I known him since he played youth football with one of my boys. His height is my only issue, but he’s a solid keeper, another from Exeter’s academy.

He’s a good half a foot taller than Keir Starmer though.?

If we were focussed on going for a mid-20s keeper from the South West then Walton would be the best bet by a mile.

But this is all irrelevant really because we’re getting a mid-30s keeper from Scotland instead, and he’s a big improvement which is the main thing.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If we were focussed on going for a mid-20s keeper from the South West then Walton would be the best bet by a mile.

But this is all irrelevant really because we’re getting a mid-30s keeper from Scotland instead, and he’s a big improvement which is the main thing.

Marshall will be a great signing I hope it’s happening.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It was like last year when the fixtures were announce and Frank didnt comment on them.

It was completely obvious he was leaving, but fans still clung onto the fact he was on holiday and was just too busy.

Stuff like that doesnt happen, the manager always adds a few words on the fixtures.

So, Cocu will be vocal tomorrow I'm sure of it.

There is no real reason to make an announcement on the day the player signs, if you really think about it.

Why rush? Maybe they want to have a proper interview ready; or put together something for the announcement.

Maybe they just don't feel like announcing it. Who cares?

He's coming to us. If it had collapsed, Percy would have said so - zero reason for him to not and he would know if it had happened.

32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was like last year when the fixtures were announce and Frank didnt comment on them.

It was completely obvious he was leaving, but fans still clung onto the fact he was on holiday and was just too busy.

Stuff like that doesnt happen, the manager always adds a few words on the fixtures.

So, Cocu will be vocal tomorrow I'm sure of it.

Cocu’s leaving???

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's coming to us. If it had collapsed, Percy would have said so - zero reason for him to not and he would know if it had happened.

Exactly. As far as I’m aware, Percy gets his info directly from Mel or Stephen. He’ll never admit as such but it’s been hugely hinted at before. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There is no real reason to make an announcement on the day the player signs, if you really think about it.

Why rush? Maybe they want to have a proper interview ready; or put together something for the announcement.

Maybe they just don't feel like announcing it. Who cares?

We have Covid-19. Trump, Putin and Johnson are world leaders. There's an EFL charge hanging over our club.

The reason to announce a signing is to give the club's fans something to cheer about, a morsel to be excited about, a glimmer of hope.

Compare with the signing of Colin Todd at the time of the Rolls-Royce crisis and the hope that gave the people of Derby.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We have Covid-19. Trump, Putin and Johnson are world leaders. There's an EFL charge hanging over our club.

The reason to announce a signing is to give the club's fans something to cheer about, a morsel to be excited about, a glimmer of hope.

Compare with the signing of Colin Todd at the time of the Rolls-Royce crisis and the hope that gave the people of Derby.

Yeah but if I was the one deciding, and on one hand I had that reason while on the other I couldn't be arsed... the announcement is coming on Friday instead.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

This announcement is taking longer than Chris Martin running the 1500m

The only reasons God Martin would be slower than others at the 1500m would be because he was bringing others into the race, the rest of the runners hadn't been selected to make the most of him, the quicker foreign lad had everything his own way, or the race tactics didn't suit.

Or he'd stopped for a ?

12 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We have had this with other players sometimes they wait if there are more signings or for a press conference day . Not overly worried yet 

Archived