20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

David

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

You’ve got a squad large enough to field 3 teams with a mish mash of players signed by different managers with different styles.

The atmosphere around the training ground must be absolutely toxic, there’s no way you can keep that many players happy. Its in no way sustainable for any manager, even someone as good as Hughton is. 

No doubt the solution will be to “throw some more players at it” in January which is total lunacy. 

Not that we’re in any position to mock you at the minute mind you!

Yeah I can’t disagree with any of that. I haven’t read the Athletic article but it sounds an absolutely awful place to work, with each manager clearly being undermined.. players having whatever tiny bit of confidence they do have thrown under a bus

We could have a team of Alec Ferguson and Brian Clough and they still wouldn’t be able to get anything done under these conditions. 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I can’t fathom how bad we’ve got in a mere 6 month period. 

Only thing I would say is BMouth away, Watford home, Reading away and Norwich away is about as hard as it gets in this division. 

Still shambolic though. CH needs time, whatever the current form. 

My missus is a Forest fan and we’ve had this discussion a few times this year. To me, it’s a regression to the mean. At your height last year, you were winning games 1-0 a lot, and that was based on Grabban converting the only chance created all game practically. His conversion rate was unbelievable, but that also means it couldn’t continue as it was impossible. You’re now creating the same chances, which isn’t many, and simply aren’t converting them. Usually leading to narrow losses, than wins. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

My missus is a Forest fan and we’ve had this discussion a few times this year. To me, it’s a regression to the mean. At your height last year, you were winning games 1-0 a lot, and that was based on Grabban converting the only chance created all game practically. His conversion rate was unbelievable, but that also means it couldn’t continue as it was impossible. You’re now creating the same chances, which isn’t many, and simply aren’t converting them. Usually leading to narrow losses, than wins. 

So it’s all about xG?! We love xG on this forum. 

On 09/12/2020 at 23:22, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hughton must be under pressure already? Their owner does not tolerate failure.

They could very well be in the relegation places come Saturday evening. Which would be funny.

There were a lot of rumours not long back that Hughton was not happy with the amount of interference from the Fat Greek and had to be convinced not to walk away. This could be the first manager they have in a long time who leaves of his own accord.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

There were a lot of rumours not long back that Hughton was not happy with the amount of interference from the Fat Greek and had to be convinced not to walk away. This could be the first manager they have in a long time who leaves of his own accord.

There are also reports that Hughton was somewhat confused when in receipt of a random gift recently, which was a DVD of The Wicker Man.

On 10/12/2020 at 14:26, Srg said:

I think your pillow talk ought to stay in the bedroom mate.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:34, rynny said:

There's 2 ways of looking at it, we have been poo and can't really take the piss, or we've made our worse ever start to a season and we are only 1 point behind them, so even at our worse they are just as poo, and it's not even their worst. 

Not just as poo, nearly as poo

On 02/12/2020 at 21:51, eezzeetiger said:

we won't be heading to Swindon.... you however will

On 02/12/2020 at 21:53, eezzeetiger said:

will miss you lads in the championship

On 11/12/2020 at 20:09, eezzeetiger said:

Not just as poo, nearly as poo

I'll just leave this current form table here...  

image.png.c2d28b98e7b6a8b02b9338908d3f78d5.png

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

This gave me anxiety ? 

Sorry mate.  Not my intention!

But I just found it so inspiring to see that the gap is not insurmountable.  A leap of faith, maybe, but just check out that happy ending!

The teamwork.  The trust.  The determination.

Together, we can do this.

Come on you... erm... Goats?  

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sorry mate.  Not my intention!

But I just found it so inspiring to see that the gap is not insurmountable.  A leap of faith, maybe, but just check out that happy ending!

The teamwork.  The trust.  The determination.

Together, we can do this.

Come on you... erm... Goats?  

No need to apologise mate, I’m just scarred and mistrusting nowadays. I even had to delete my Twitter last year cos I was sickened at constantly being exposed to horrible clips of animals being hurt, sometimes deliberately, by humans. 

Perhaps I should’ve expanded on that by saying, “this initially gave me anxiety, but once the first hopped over with ease, my anxiety was replaced with a heart-warming wonderment at the outstanding instinct possessed in nature, thanks... mind the gap!”

I hold my hands up and admit that I got this wrong. I thought Hughton would have had a much greater impact than we’re seeing, although the Forest fans calling for his head seem impatient in the extreme.

They have just had an incredibly tough run of games - facing what is now the current top six in consecutive games. Of their seven defeats under him, they have only lost to one side in the bottom half.

A much better gauge of their future under Hughton will be in the next 10 games. They play Sheff Wed, Birmingham and Barnsley at home, Millwall twice, and Coventry, Preston and Wycombe away.

If their form mirrors how poor they have been in the last 6-7 games, then questions would definitely have to be asked of Hughton. But right now they would be stupid to get rid on the back of this recent run.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I hold my hands up and admit that I got this wrong. I thought Hughton would have had a much greater impact than we’re seeing, although the Forest fans calling for his head seem impatient in the extreme.

They have just had an incredibly tough run of games - facing what is now the current top six in consecutive games. Of their seven defeats under him, they have only lost to one side in the bottom half.

A much better gauge of their future under Hughton will be in the next 10 games. They play Sheff Wed, Birmingham and Barnsley at home, Millwall twice, and Coventry, Preston and Wycombe away.

If their form mirrors how poor they have been in the last 6-7 games, then questions would definitely have to be asked of Hughton. But right now they would be stupid to get rid on the back of this recent run.

Not sure you've worked out how this particular thread works buddy. Whilst well thought-out and presented arguments are de rigueur across most other threads, any commentary offered up here should be done so with a suitable gif or meme and a general air of faux disdain. I've provided an example, by way of guidance, below...

image.png.0733c2764a26652b48c09682c0d4dc8a.png