Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

It might just be based on the fact that we've been told that the RamsTV staff is currently reduced due to Covid restrictions; coupled with the fact that the viewing numbers for pre-season games (which we don't know but they do) just might not be worth the effort. If only a thousand people tune in its just not worth paying the staff - no point adding on extra losses just for the sake of it.

It's not a big deal. If you really want to watch it just watch it from Peterboroughs end, I will be, but I've watched enough over the years to know friendly matches aren't usually really worth the watch ? 

I'll definitely be doing something else while it's on lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It must be to do with costs, which is very disappointing and quite worrying if so.

Last year we were able to pay for a package of pre-season games, this season they can't exactly do that as there will be season ticket holders who are currently paying for their ticket asking the question, why should I pay?

I wouldn't be surprised if the position of the club is, if we can't make money out of it, why bother doing it.

Not sure how that’s your conclusion unless that’s the answer you wanted to draw to begin with. 

It’s through their streaming service which is likely iFollow which we don’t use, so there’s probably a litany of contractual reasons why we can’t do it. Furthermore, if you do want to bring cost into it, Peterborough would likely benefit from our fans paying to use their service and would get more out of it than we would if we were to buy it, if that’s even possible, to display ourselves. It’s just a cost benefit with all sorts of contractual pitfalls. 

Nothing at all about this is “worrying”. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's not a big deal. If you really want to watch it just watch it from Peterboroughs end, I will be, but I've watched enough over the years to know friendly matches aren't usually really worth the watch

I'm just looking forward to people paying a fiver to Posh and then moaning on here about our team selection and the number of subs used ?

Just now, Carnero said:

I'm just looking forward to people paying a fiver to Posh and then moaning on here about our team selection and the number of subs used ?

I'm going for at least 3 comments from different people explaining how it was pointless to split up our "best XI" across the two 45 minute teams (guessing that'll be how we go again) and that because they were split up we've gained NOTHING from the exercise.

I also hope we lose. I adore a good lost-a-friendly meltdown. Get to bask in the insanity without the result having actual consequences.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Doesn't hold much weight when no one was just turning up to watch the league games.

It’s a lot easier to turn up at SGP to watch a match than it is at an enclosed stadium where you can’t see the pitch from outside

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It must be to do with costs, which is very disappointing and quite worrying if so.

Last year we were able to pay for a package of pre-season games, this season they can't exactly do that as there will be season ticket holders who are currently paying for their ticket asking the question, why should I pay?

I wouldn't be surprised if the position of the club is, if we can't make money out of it, why bother doing it.

We did play some pre-season friendlies last year that weren't announced by the club or broadcast.

You have to also remember there is a much shorter period between the last game of last season and the start of this one thus probably a lot less time getting stuff together. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The weird thing to me is not the fact we are not showing the game, although that is aggravating, its the fact there is absolutely no mention of it on the DCFC website. Very strange. 

I suppose it stops fans asking why it's not on RamsTV when Posh can arrange a set-up with 42Live.co.uk whoever they are!

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

It might just be based on the fact that we've been told that the RamsTV staff is currently reduced due to Covid restrictions; coupled with the fact that the viewing numbers for pre-season games (which we don't know but they do) just might not be worth the effort. If only a thousand people tune in its just not worth paying the staff - no point adding on extra losses just for the sake of it.

It's not a big deal. If you really want to watch it just watch it from Peterboroughs end, I will be, but I've watched enough over the years to know friendly matches aren't usually really worth the watch ? 

I'll definitely be doing something else while it's on lol

Exactly. I will be watching it more to see who plays how many minutes and where. 

Almost glad we're not going in person with the weather and that should also put off anyone going down there on the off chance of seeing the game. (St George's Park is very open and has a hotel open to the public in the middle of it so it must be a nightmare to stop people entering.)

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It’s nothing to do with cost.

I don’t know exactly how/when the decision was made but it’s nothing to do with cost. 

Archived