Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/08/2020 at 10:49, DCFC1388 said:

Interesting we have an u18s CB in Solomon training with the first team but 2 you would expect based on their ages would be Bateman (21) & Wassall (22)? If they're not close now then surely we should be looking to move them on

Need numbers to keep our U23s competitive.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Maybe @OwenB87 can tell us? 

All seems a bit weird with our social media at the moment. Took them several days after the players were back to acknowledge training had restarted. We’ve had no interviews, no confirmation from our end we are even playing tomorrow. All we are getting are happy birthdays and “on this day”. All a bit odd compared to recent times. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Maybe @OwenB87 can tell us? 

It’s not on RamsTV. I’d assumed that was because it was a behind-closed-doors, but I guess not.

I think part of the issue around not confirming details of fixtures might be Covid/security - they don’t want fans turning up, which is understandable. 

As for interviews, we’ve just been giving the guys a bit of time to crack on before we start bombarding then again. It hasn’t been that long since last season finished, and it’ll be relentless again soon enough! 

13 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

It’s not on RamsTV. I’d assumed that was because it was a behind-closed-doors, but I guess not.

I think part of the issue around not confirming details of fixtures might be Covid/security - they don’t want fans turning up, which is understandable. 

As for interviews, we’ve just been giving the guys a bit of time to crack on before we start bombarding then again. It hasn’t been that long since last season finished, and it’ll be relentless again soon enough! 

Thanks Owen. I have a Peterborough account anyway, so will spend my fiver there. 

13 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Thanks Owen. I have a Peterborough account anyway, so will spend my fiver there. 

I don't particularly want to spend more money when I feel that RamTV should be covering this game; if they can why cant we?.  Is there any point in continuing to pay a monthly subscription?

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

I don't particularly want to spend more money when I feel that RamTV should be covering this game; if they can why cant we?.  Is there any point in continuing to pay a monthly subscription?

Still find it weird that we haven't confirmed this friendly whatsoever on any of our social media accounts. It's like it's not even happening.

13 hours ago, angieram said:

I'll make a Posh account too and throw them a fiver. 

Will also keep the title of this thread live as games come and go - we won't need separate threads for pre-season games.

56 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still find it weird that we haven't confirmed this friendly whatsoever on any of our social media accounts. It's like it's not even happening.

I'm guessing because they don't want people just turning up at SGP to try to watch the match. IT just puts unecessary pressure and aggro on for the security staff there. 

Just now, tinman said:

I'm guessing because they don't want people just turning up at SGP to try to watch the match. IT just puts unecessary pressure and aggro on for the security staff there. 

Doesn't hold much weight when no one was just turning up to watch the league games.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

There were rumours that Posh wanted to sign JHI on loan, this could be a kill 2 birds with 1 stone. So I'll be watching to see if JHI gets some minutes.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Unless we announce it late on today as a freebie? Don't see why RamsTV can't take the same feed as Posh are using, u23s take other teams feeds.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Unless we announce it late on today as a freebie? Don't see why RamsTV can't take the same feed as Posh are using, u23s take other teams feeds.

I'm a big fan of RamsTV but very disappointed by them on this matter

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There were rumours that Posh wanted to sign JHI on loan, this could be a kill 2 birds with 1 stone. So I'll be watching to see if JHI gets some minutes.

Don't think we could afford to send him out unless we are getting a couple in up front. That said, would be a great loan for him if he isn't going to play here - I am his biggest fan though, really want to see what he can do for us.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Potentially. Didn't seem likely from what @OwenB87posted though.

28 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I'm a big fan of RamsTV but very disappointed by them on this matter

This isn’t a RamsTV decision. Our default position is that we want to cover every game we can, and I don’t know why we aren’t it.

It’s not just as simple as sharing each other’s feeds on a whim, for all sorts of reasons. 

8 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

and I don’t know why we aren’t it.

It’s not just as simple as sharing each other’s feeds on a whim, for all sorts of reasons. 

Perhaps you could find out why we aren't?

Edit: and I never suggested it was done on a 'whim', but was a possibility. Perhaps we can't afford the cost?

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps you could find out why we aren't?

Edit: and I never suggested it was done on a 'whim', but was a possibility. Perhaps we can't afford the cost?

It must be to do with costs, which is very disappointing and quite worrying if so.

Last year we were able to pay for a package of pre-season games, this season they can't exactly do that as there will be season ticket holders who are currently paying for their ticket asking the question, why should I pay?

I wouldn't be surprised if the position of the club is, if we can't make money out of it, why bother doing it.

Archived