v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Why would anyone applaud a team for winning something. It's so weird and contrived 

It's not genuine at all. Whoever started it off should probably spend less time trying to improve their image and spend more time being competitive. 

It's a sport, man. Send a text if you're happy for them. Standing around clapping people for being better than you... ffs. Let's buy all their merchandise and make a day of it. 

There's a train of thought that it serves to motivate your own team. Didn't Man City do the same against Liverpool? 

Pep is a world class coach and wouldn't have done it without reason, it certainly worked on the night, maybe it'll work long term as well. 

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You may well live in the East Midlands but you're Leeds. No Ram would come out with the above nonsense. And we dont really care whether you believe you're dirty or not, your club isn't that interesting.

The whole world revolves around the fake ''champions of Europe'' don't ya know. It's pretty sad to pretend to be a Derby fan to fish for compliments for your own team though bloody hell.

Just now, Andicis said:

The whole world revolves around the fake ''champions of Europe'' don't ya know. It's pretty sad to pretend to be a Derby fan to fish for compliments for your own team though bloody hell.

Pretty desperate stuff but they need validation bless 'em. He probably thought he was playing a blinder until I checked his post history.

I've spent most of today listening to them asking for a guard of honour tomorrow...typical needy behaviour. Some of them even started giving a 9 year old kid in a Manu shirt some hammer..he was confused even when his Dad explained Leeds have a 'rivalry' with them ? Like I've said elsewhere, they've got a massive inferiority complex and its why I actually dont hate them.

35 minutes ago, JfR said:

As far as I know, first time it was done, at least in recent history, was when Man Utd gave one to Arsenal first game of 1989/90 after they'd won it in 1988/89, but they had good reason to: had they not scored that late second goal at Anfield on the last day of the season, it would have gone to Liverpool instead.

Carlisle players gave one to Derby when we won the league in 75.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Carlisle players gave one to Derby when we won the league in 75.

When I said "as far as I know" I should have mentioned that I don't know a great deal

On 17/07/2020 at 00:47, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just a very small bit of the salty vitriol regarding this Sunday

But, but....we don't care about Derby at all.  You mean nothing to Leeds. yeah right .  Don't think they'll ever get over last year,that was a deep cut.  No stitches at the weekend. Make em sweat for another week.

Just imagine a guard of honour at pride park. The only thing that would be missing is Richard Keogh

So Huddersfield could get us promoted on Friday, and then Derby give us a guard of honour on Sunday. Oh my!

But if we beat Barnsley tonight, and huddersfield draw/win vs West Brom, and stoke draw/win vs Brentford. We are champions with 2 games remaining. Can’t see that happening at all but it’s theoretically possible

Tbh it might be more satisfying NOT securing promo beforehand so we can confirm it there. Klich running round with binoculars, Alioski humping the post, Bielsa 30 years younger on the shoulders of Pablo shouting vamos Leeds Carajo, Ben white chasing radz with a signed contract

Still want us to do it at Derby. Part of me wanted a point tonight. How sick is that?

Town promote us and Derby give the guard of honour. You couldn't write it.

It's called Karma m8. Binoculars at the ready.

For my blood pressure I want Huddersfield or Stoke to grab a point. Both would be better. Then to walk out as champions with binoculars round Bielsa's neck at Derby would be sweet.

Want a guard of honour at Derby with Lampard as guest of honour

Would really love that fat scouse granny ****** to give us the guard of honor

Basically, if things aren’t going for them there’s no rivalry. Bit of success and they want to dish it out.

They want it all their own way, look how they interpreted spygate and how it was our fault when aside the Lampard interview before the game I don’t think we didn’t call for any form of punishment?

I have no issues with guards of honour and saying fair play to them, I do have an issue with the idea that their this jilted club who everyone wrongs and it’s never their fault and this is somehow justice and how many of them have come out of the woodwork giving it the biggun who will largely forget about it all if they don’t start well next season. 

Im really proud of how Derby are going about their long term future, that we are trying to build something for 10 years down the line and not about instant success. I’m also proud that for the most part (aside some of the twitters) we are a largely quiet fan base getting on with it and seeing the bigger picture. I Just hope one day it will be worth it.

Said it before, and I’ll say it again. Scum club. Scum fans. “They’re not all bad” funny though when the whole of a sold out away end sing ‘Brian Clough, what a *******” vile club. I’ll lose so much respect for DCFC if we do give them a guard of honour 

guard of honour 

in their own back yard, just a pity Keogh isn’t there, let’s all wear binoculars, stop crying frank lampard

no guard of honour

typical Derby Bielsa would have given a guard of honour, no class not like us

Derby 1 Leeds 0

its your cup final, who cares, we are the champions champions of Europe 

or

Derby 0 Leeds 5

won the championship in your own back yard we are leeds we are leeds we are leeds and we don’t care about you never play you again 

I think something like that. Let them enjoy it. Maybe they will be able to open all their ground up next season Lest we forget that the mighty well supported Leeds had to close one of their stands because they didn’t have the crowds To even partially fill it.

Good team. Great manager. Fans who smash their own club staff’s cars up at the first signs of success. Not keen! 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I listened to his points, and he's pretty much bang on.

I didn’t, because I was just making a joke about what I said.

Either way, going on national radio on the day Leeds won the title makes you, and the club you represent, look a bit ridiculous. 

Leeds fans can only be described as animals!! Complete bile, chanting on mass to both Nigel clough and Tom Ince - “your dads a Bamford are so are you” about sums them up - Derby fans response “at least he knows who his dad is” - class! 

Yes they are the best team in the championship this season and arguably last also, the football they play is a joy to watch and Bielsa deserves all the credit, and I think he is a genuine football guy. 

But guard of honour? For Leeds United? The most inbred immoral disgusting club in the history of the game? No ducking chance ! And I’ll be disgusted if Derby give them one!

And as for all the ******** flying around today about the premier league being better for Leeds in it, Villa have won nearly 3x more trophies and even the red dogs have won more than them!!

image.png

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Derby and Rooney are trending on Twitter with Leeds fans gleefully demanding we give them a guard of honour, (they're not bothered about us though). Let's not. It's only the Championship and they're cheating bar stewards anyway, you don't clap for rivals. Hope we go for the kill, they'll be nursing hangovers so let's really put them to the sword and put a dampener on their weekend.

The obsession with Rooney is particularly strange. 
Like, fair enough if they think they're getting one over on us by having already won the league by the time they play us, but Rooney has won more trophies individually since Leeds were last in the Premier League than Leeds have over their entire history, I don't think he's going to be particularly devastated that Leeds are going up.
I think they're just treating him as a surrogate Lampard.

I couldn’t care less about the guard of honour.

Leeds are deservedly champions - they have been the best side in the division for two years.

If the players decide to do it, no problem.

What I care about is us putting in a performance and going out to play with intent.

Leeds are better than us. No complaints if they beat us. But I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make them work hard for it.

If we serve up another pitiful performance like we’ve seen in the last four games, it’ll be another hammer blow to the feel good factor going into next season.

57 minutes ago, JfR said:

The obsession with Rooney is particularly strange. 
Like, fair enough if they think they're getting one over on us by having already won the league by the time they play us, but Rooney has won more trophies individually since Leeds were last in the Premier League than Leeds have over their entire history, I don't think he's going to be particularly devastated that Leeds are going up.
I think they're just treating him as a surrogate Lampard.

its the thing they have with Man utd whose proper rival is really Liverpool  A bit like Leicester with us where were not bothered.

30 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Leeds are deservedly champions - they have been the best side in the division for two years.

What I care about is us putting in a performance and going out to play with intent.

Leeds are better than us. No complaints if they beat us. But I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make them work hard for it.

If we serve up another pitiful performance like we’ve seen in the last four games, it’ll be another hammer blow to the feel good factor going into next season.

After 3 disappointing performances we need to do more than treat this as a friendly. I would expect us to put out a team capable and determined to win any league game.

The guard of honour should be left to their final game when presumably they will be presented with the trophy

I think many here are missing the actual point. Guard of honour is about respect and achievement. I'd have zero problem if our players decide to congratulate Leeds' players and manager. It's not the fans walking through it, but their team, which has done fantastically well this season.

Their fans though... they need different kind of guarding.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I agree however, if it's another flat performance don't get too despondent. The games a dead rubber in an empty stadium at the end of a long drawn out season. I can sort of understand if the players struggle to show the same passion and determination that you'd normally expect from the last home game of the season if there was something to play for.

I'll be disappointed if the players don't try to put on a show but it won't dampen my hopes and expectations for next season.

Archived