v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your forgetting David Batty and Vinnie Jones then and our own delightful Seth. Are you guys still paying him off. Saw him in the INTU centre last year.  Size of a house now.  

Vinnie never got booked at leeds. He was absolutely brilliant. He had 'I'm a winner' written across his forehead.

David batty never liked football.

Seth johnson: no comment.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

One year ago today....

woody01530 replied to Andicis's topic in Derby County Forum

Leeds united formed 1919. Ppg: 1.919. Leeds united top. The stars have aligned ?

You may well live in the East Midlands but you're Leeds. No Ram would come out with the above nonsense. And we dont really care whether you believe you're dirty or not, your club isn't that interesting.

Nice try 'me duck' ?

Yep I got it slightly wrong last year :)

With the next season in mind, I'd go with:

Roos

Bogle         Evans       Davies      Fozzy

Bird           Rooney

Holmes             Sibley           Knight

Waghorn

This whole GoH shizzle makes me laugh. It's only a thing this season because after 17 years Leeds have finally managed to return to the top flight. Why stop there I wonder. They'll be asking for a on-field, post-match reach-around next.

Shake their hands at the end of the game, that's as much respect as the players and coach are due, but their fans are a bunch of needy, classless meat trumpets who don't warrant any respect. They are the archetypal 'sing when they're winning' type of fanbase and probably the most universally loathed collective in the game. They delude themselves it's because of their history when actually it's just because most folk think they're massive bamfords.

Watching our lads dismantle their promotion bid last season as their fans demeanour turned from scarf-twirling, gloating wankerdom, to slack-jawed, crybaby disbelief, ranks right up there with my all-time favourite Rams nights. If they win today, they'll call it karma, vengeance or some other ******** to try and erode that memory. For all I care, they can stick a wig on it and call it Alice if it pleases them but they're fooling nobody. We all know how deep we cut them last season and nothing will change that, least of all a dead-rubber behind closed doors. It's hilarious that now that they've finally achieved something, their fans can't be there to see it.

Leeds have been the best side in the Championship no question for me and deserve to be promoted, but that doesn't mean we have to like them. Football is tribal and let's face it, Leeds as a club could not make it easier for everyone to dislike them. They're only reaping what they've sowed.

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Leeds fans can only be described as animals!! Complete bile, chanting on mass to both Nigel clough and Tom Ince - “your dads a Bamford are so are you” about sums them up - Derby fans response “at least he knows who his dad is” - class! 

We can’t exactly claim the moral high ground when we sing about Jimmy Savile.

I think a lot of people are extremely biased and are embarrassing themselves, to be honest. Leeds appear to be (for now at least) the Liverpool of the Championship. There’s a perception that their fans are different to every other teams’ and that our club is angelic compared to theirs.

All a total myth if you ask me.

12 hours ago, woody01530 said:

I live in the east mids. Mums side of my family is from leeds. Know all about em. They cud play like brazil but loads in Derby will call em dirty when they haven't had any dirtiness for decades. I suppose it's like todays modern divers, grealish etc, yet franny lee invented it ?

Franny taught Bamford well LOL:

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think a lot of people are extremely biased and are embarrassing themselves, to be honest. Leeds appear to be (for now at least) the Liverpool of the Championship. There’s a perception that their fans are different to every other teams’ and that our club is angelic compared to theirs.

Hark at you! Any other judgements you care to share with the group before you climb off that long-legged horse of yours?

Let's be honest here, our fans don't have to be angelic to love sticking it to Leeds.

And as for being biased, we're Derby fans, of course we're biased. Every fan is if they're honest enough to admit it. 

I've missed not being able to go to matches of late but for the first time in a long time I'm glad I'm missing this one - not even sure whether I'll watch it on tv tbh (certainly not the first 5 mins!)  There are a lot of teams I wouldn't want to give a guard of honour to and few teams that I couldn't, Leeds fall into the latter category. 

The only positive I can find in them getting promoted is that we won't be subject to them next season.

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hark at you! Any other judgements you care to share with the group before you climb off that long-legged horse of yours?

Let's be honest here, our fans don't have to be angelic to love sticking it to Leeds.

And as for being biased, we're Derby fans, of course we're biased. Every fan is if they're honest enough to admit it. 

Oh I love buying into that bias at times. It’s just that’s usually when I’m singing “We all hate Leeds scum” at the Leeds fans.

But some people genuinely appear to believe that they’re way worse than us. 

I hope the players actually do give the guard of honour.

It might light a fire under them. Experiencing something like that might drive them on to do better next season.

Imagine being Louie Sibley and having to watch Klich and company strutting on your pitch as smug as rabbits.

I’d never want that feeling again and would be determined to make sure it was me tasting glory next time around.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

But some people genuinely appear to believe that they’re way worse than us.

I wouldn't say they are the worst fans in the country, but they're definitely in the top one ?

To be honest, I think you're overthinking the whole thing. It's a bit of weekend bravado and banter before one group grasps the bragging rights. It's not serious and in the grand scheme it matters not one iota. It's football, not philosophy. A few days from now folk won't even be talking about it which kind of shows how significant it really is, or isn't.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree however, if it's another flat performance don't get too despondent. The games a dead rubber in an empty stadium at the end of a long drawn out season. I can sort of understand if the players struggle to show the same passion and determination that you'd normally expect from the last home game of the season if there was something to play for.

I'll be disappointed if the players don't try to put on a show but it won't dampen my hopes and expectations for next season.

You’re right. In the grand scheme of things, what happens today matters very little. We could lose today and on Wednesday too and start next season with a 10-match unbeaten run.

I guess it’s just a question of pride. With six games to go, we were on 60 points. To have only picked up one point since then is very disappointing especially with the manner of the performances.

I always believe in trying to end the season on a high and with some momentum and I think that’s especially important this year when there is such a short turnaround between seasons.

For those youngsters who say they do not understand the rivalry, then why not spend lockdown learning about your club?

For those that say their supporters are no different to any others.... It's the whole of the club, including the supporters, that feel so 'entitled'. Hadn't they begun distributing playoff final tickets before the second leg last season?

All this about a guard of honour... Fair enough if one club gives it to another but it's as though Leeds are demanding it. Compare it to telling a child to say 'thanks'; there's little value if it doesn't come spontaneously from them.

And as for those that say you even like Leeds, there is no hope for you.

Respect for the way they play under Bielsa is different. You can appreciate the way a team play without liking the club.

But it's not Leeds, the club, or even the supporters that's bothering me the most....

It's the media. They are treating Leeds' promotion as the return of the prodigal son. I lost count of the number of separate articles on the BBC Football website and as for Sky....?

It's going to be a hard watch today, just because of that. I may have to turn the sound down if I'm able to watch it at all.

29 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I hope the players actually do give the guard of honour.

It might light a fire under them.

Likewise it will fire up the Dirties if we don't give a GoH.

Man City's for Liverpool was brief, shabby and half-*rsed. It worked.

Leeds are dirty but they're good at it. 

Derby's dirty but we're bad at it. 

Respect to Bielsa and his methods for getting them out the league but I'll have far more respect if they can replicate what Wolves have done since returning to the prem. As far as I'm concerned they are likely to do the same and Villa/Norwich and come straight back down with a wimper.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wanchope's goal being so so.  Liverpool being a great club.  And now Leeds fans being misunderstood?

I'm beginning to think you made Hillsborough up, just for the attention ?

27 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You’re right. In the grand scheme of things, what happens today matters very little. We could lose today and on Wednesday too and start next season with a 10-match unbeaten run.

I guess it’s just a question of pride. With six games to go, we were on 60 points. To have only picked up one point since then is very disappointing especially with the manner of the performances.

I always believe in trying to end the season on a high and with some momentum and I think that’s especially important this year when there is such a short turnaround between seasons.

I agree. I want the Rams to try as hard as they can to win every game they play whether that's a play off final or a friendly against Coventry played in the evening without floodlights at Nuneaton. I can just imagine it might not be easy for players to be completely up for games under these circumstances. Shame but that's how it could be.

I live in hope though and will watch the game desperate for an inspired performance.

The game against Birmingham could be tricky as they may well need the win to guarantee safety.

Archived