v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

51 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Or perhaps it’s the reality of knowing we are playing a team that will be looking to clinch the title and rub our noses in it after what happened last season. 

But is it not the case that if Brentford fail to win today, the title is already theirs (hence the stuff about guard  of honour) in which case they have only as much to play for as us.

And indeed could be like us in 1975 v Carlisle where the whole team played sozzled....?

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Andicis said:

duck Leeds scum. Youth players are not going to benefit from.one singular 90 mins. Deny the title. At all costs. 

I don’t doubt for a second that Cocu will put out a team that he feels can win the game, doesn’t sound like he’s ready to just dump all the kids in.

Leeds will have less time and nursing hangovers, looked knackered the other day v Barnsley so I’ll be disappointed if we see a flat performance which hands them the title PP.

13 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If we can get through this and with one game to go have a mathamatical chance of the playoffs I will say it's a decent season. Considering the events with players out for various reasons Cocu has done well.

I remember way back saying I'd be happy with finishing mid table as long as we could clearly see a direction we're heading in, and I think we've managed it. We can see what we're trying to do, and we're good enough to get it working against average teams, but not against top teams yet. Hopefully next season it's working more frequently, for longer against more teams. I think he's done well considering it's been a difficult season in many respects.

And whilst I hope we get one over on Leeds, losing to Cardiff finished the season for me in terms of excitement.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember way back saying I'd be happy with finishing mid table as long as we could clearly see a direction we're heading in, and I think we've managed it. We can see what we're trying to do, and we're good enough to get it working against average teams, but not against top teams yet. Hopefully next season it's working more frequently, for longer against more teams. I think he's done well considering it's been a difficult season in many respects.

And whilst I hope we get one over on Leeds, losing to Cardiff finished the season for me in terms of excitement.

Me too...I'd like to also see what Cocus team can do to improve our overall fitness and stamina levels too. That's a load of analytical stuff and the impression I get is that he didn't have time to do it properly last pre season. 

6 minutes ago, Diego said:

Do the guard of honour, just be the bigger man. Cannot stand anymore Leeds debacle.

I really don’t get this guard of honour rubbish. Since when has it even been a thing in the Championship?
I really won’t be happy if we do this for dirty Leeds.

1 minute ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

I really don’t get this guard of honour rubbish. Since when has it even been a thing in the Championship?
I really won’t be happy if we do this for dirty Leeds.

Agreed. Just going off what sky said post Brentford v stoke. 

What is it with Leeds fans though? We beat them fair and square in May 2019 yet they go up as Champions (rightly so) and still can’t let it go. Spy gate was Lampard that got them riled.

Their beef is we beat them at a game of association football? Wow. It’s like we weren’t allowed to beat them!

Blue and yellow hearts on all DCFC social media content presently. So strange. 

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

What is it with Leeds fans though? We beat them fair and square in May 2019 yet they go up as Champions (rightly so) and still can’t let it go. Spy gate was Lampard that got them riled.

Their beef is we beat them at a game of association football? Wow. It’s like we weren’t allowed to beat them!

Horrible club with horrible fans.

33 minutes ago, Diego said:

It's lampard & his old mates on tele, shearer saying live that a person from leeds had been found in the training ground when the police had already stated he was outside the traning ground.

That got em mad. Lies basically.

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But is it not the case that if Brentford fail to win today, the title is already theirs (hence the stuff about guard  of honour) in which case they have only as much to play for as us.

And indeed could be like us in 1975 v Carlisle where the whole team played sozzled....?

So there we go - the Dirties are champs. Time to show them how we can REALLY play.

I'm sticking with my 3-0 to the Rams

16 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

It's lampard & his old mates on tele, shearer saying live that a person from leeds had been found in the training ground when the police had already stated he was outside the traning ground.

That got em mad. Lies basically.

Don’t care whether they were in the training ground or outside the training ground. It’s cheating and they shouldn’t have been doing it.

Derby and Rooney are trending on Twitter with Leeds fans gleefully demanding we give them a guard of honour, (they're not bothered about us though). Let's not. It's only the Championship and they're cheating bar stewards anyway, you don't clap for rivals. Hope we go for the kill, they'll be nursing hangovers so let's really put them to the sword and put a dampener on their weekend.

Archived