v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

18 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

We need to keep it classy & professional. Do the guard of honour - we’d expect (&enjoy) it if it was the other way round.

no silly bookings & keep injury free. No trouble outside.

Let’s remember we’re in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

Although this is how I strongly feel, I can’t bring myself to watch or listen! 

How could there be trouble outside the ground!?!? Leeds fans should be nowhere near our ground and if they are they should be arrested

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather cut my spleen out with a rusty butter knife and feed it to my dogs than give them a guard of honour.

I have had to log off social media today from severe nausea from listening to the most entitled fans in the entire league bang on and on and on.

There's a time for playing the bigger role, this ain't it. Duck 'em.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'd rather cut my spleen out with a rusty butter knife and feed it to my dogs than give them a guard of honour.

I have had to log off social media today from severe nausea from listening to the most entitled fans in the entire league bang on and on and on.

There's a time for playing the bigger role, this ain't it. Duck 'em.

You like them then ?

57 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Maybe they can play the audio from The Damned United when Clough says "chuck all your medals in the bin". Make sure it's loud and repeat it until they kickoff.?

In all seriousness, what’s to stop us. We are allowed to play background noises during the game and music prior to kick off in both half’s. I’d love to hear Cloughie sticking it to em. There’s your “guard of dishonour” scumbags

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

How could there be trouble outside the ground!?!? Leeds fans should be nowhere near our ground and if they are they should be arrested

They weren't supposed to be outside their own ground last night, either.
But they were.  And there was trouble.
I stopped reading at that point, so I've no idea whether arrests were made.

... This car allegedly belongs to an employee of Leeds Utd Foundation (Whatever that is?), and was parked in a stadium car park.  Reports now suggest Dirty fans have set up an online fundraiser to "repair or replace a BMW and other cars damaged in last night's promotion party at Elland Road."

#we'reallscumaintwe

0_WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-17-at-233146jpe

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Maybe they can play the audio from The Damned United when Clough says "chuck all your medals in the bin". Make sure it's loud and repeat it until they kickoff.?

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

In all seriousness, what’s to stop us. We are allowed to play background noises during the game and music prior to kick off in both half’s. I’d love to hear Cloughie sticking it to em. There’s your “guard of dishonour” scumbags

Failing that, I'd be more than happy with 90mins of the Dambusters Theme blaring out from the PA system.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

They weren't supposed to be outside their own ground last night, either.
But they were.  And there was trouble.
I stopped reading at that point, so I've no idea whether arrests were made.

... This car allegedly belongs to an employee of Leeds Utd Foundation (Whatever that is?), and was parked in a stadium car park.  Reports now suggest Dirty fans have set up an online fundraiser to "repair or replace a BMW and other cars damaged in last night's promotion party at Elland Road."

#we'reallscumaintwe

0_WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-17-at-233146jpe

Scumbags, well the Derbyshire Constabulary should be well prepared for them when they do inevitably turn up. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They go on and on about what a massive club they are....I am quite looking forward to seeing how good they are against the big boys...

When leeds went up in 1990 the same was said. They finished 4th & won it the year after.

They have a world respected coach so it wouldn't surprise me to see them compete.

Why would anyone applaud a team for winning something. It's so weird and contrived 

It's not genuine at all. Whoever started it off should probably spend less time trying to improve their image and spend more time being competitive. 

It's a sport, man. Send a text if you're happy for them. Standing around clapping people for being better than you... ffs. Let's buy all their merchandise and make a day of it. 

20 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

When leeds went up in 1990 the same was said. They finished 4th & won it the year after.

They have a world respected coach so it wouldn't surprise me to see them compete.

I don't think Leeds will struggle next year. They've managed to be the best team in the division without the tens of millions of pounds of advantages that the parachute teams like Villa had at their disposal. If Bielsa stays with them I think they will more than compete in the Prem - if he goes, for whatever reason, they will fall apart.

45 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

'They'? You mean 'you'.

Look, well done on going up...I suspect you'll do well next year a la Sheff Utd but dont be thinking we're that bothered.

Give Sky Sports a call if you want your ego massaging ?

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

'They'? You mean 'you'.

Look, well done on going up...I suspect you'll do well next year a la Sheff Utd but dont be thinking we're that bothered.

Give Sky Sports a call if you want your ego massaging ?

I live in the east mids. Mums side of my family is from leeds. Know all about em. They cud play like brazil but loads in Derby will call em dirty when they haven't had any dirtiness for decades. I suppose it's like todays modern divers, grealish etc, yet franny lee invented it ?

4 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

I live in the east mids. Mums side of my family is from leeds. Know all about em. They cud play like brazil but loads in Derby will call em dirty when they haven't had any dirtiness for decades. I suppose it's like todays modern divers, grealish etc, yet franny lee invented it ?

Your forgetting David Batty and Vinnie Jones then and our own delightful Seth. Are you guys still paying him off. Saw him in the INTU centre last year.  Size of a house now.  

25 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

One year ago today....

woody01530 replied to Andicis's topic in Derby County Forum

Leeds united formed 1919. Ppg: 1.919. Leeds united top. The stars have aligned ?

You may well live in the East Midlands but you're Leeds. No Ram would come out with the above nonsense. And we dont really care whether you believe you're dirty or not, your club isn't that interesting.

Nice try 'me duck' ?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Why would anyone applaud a team for winning something. It's so weird and contrived 

It's not genuine at all. Whoever started it off should probably spend less time trying to improve their image and spend more time being competitive. 

It's a sport, man. Send a text if you're happy for them. Standing around clapping people for being better than you... ffs. Let's buy all their merchandise and make a day of it. 

As far as I know, first time it was done, at least in recent history, was when Man Utd gave one to Arsenal first game of 1989/90 after they'd won it in 1988/89, but they had good reason to: had they not scored that late second goal at Anfield on the last day of the season, it would have gone to Liverpool instead.

Archived