v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

I really, really hope that we will not give them a guard of honour, unfortunately I know that that the club that I love will bow to the EFL, Sky and media pressure and do it. In doing so a little bit of what is right in football will die and the dark side of cheating, cynicism, gamesmanship, will grow ?

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

I really, really hope that we will not give them a guard of honour, unfortunately I know that that the club that I love will bow to the EFL, Sky and media pressure and do it. In doing so a little bit of what is right in football will die and the dark side of cheating, cynicism, gamesmanship, will grow ?

Was bothered now not.

Giving the guard of honour isn't a sign of weakness it is a sign of class.

2 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

I really don’t get this guard of honour rubbish. Since when has it even been a thing in the Championship?
I really won’t be happy if we do this for dirty Leeds.

I think we had a GOH in 69 from Bristol City, i know we did in 75 from Carlisle but obviously that was for League Championship.

15 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

Come on, they won the league fair and square and deserve a guard of honour. To deny them it would make our club and us fans look tinpot. 

Just now, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Be the bigger man. Don't stoop to a lower level.

There is zero chance they'd give us a guard of honour, it's never been a thing in the Championship nor should it be made a thing because of Leeds' delusional sense of importance.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why on earth should we show class to the most classless club in the country?

Because it reinforces the moral high ground we hold over them.

Don't think i welcome it i have probably got more Leeds supporting relatives than anyone on here with my mum being born halfway between Leeds and Bradford.

I don't want to drop to their level!!

1 hour ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I wonder how many of their "fans" will turn up outside Pride Park tomorrow...…..My guess in the hundreds.

The same thought crossed my mind.  I think you may well be right.  

I think I might pop over, and treat them to some of my alcohol

... based anti virus disinfectant spray!

27 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I hope Cloughie clips 'em around the lug hole if they do. 

images.jpeg-64.jpg.a60572bddfa92e100f1c73b604dfdeb6.jpg

Maybe they can play the audio from The Damned United when Clough says "chuck all your medals in the bin". Make sure it's loud and repeat it until they kickoff.?

We need to keep it classy & professional. Do the guard of honour - we’d expect (&enjoy) it if it was the other way round.

no silly bookings & keep injury free. No trouble outside.

Let’s remember we’re in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

Although this is how I strongly feel, I can’t bring myself to watch or listen! 

Archived