v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Totally indifferent to them. I want to see us rediscover our zip, then for the following events....

- te wierik to establish himself as a pacy cb able to cover bogle thus releasing jayden to become the top championship rb

- we discover a low price gem in the Dutch eredivisie who bags 20+ goals

- we develop a well drilled highly coached back 5

- Marriott is fully integrated into the cocu style

- we beast the league playing stylish football scoring most goals and points since Reading in about 2006.

.....he then emerged from the shower and everyone realised it had all been a dream...

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well obviously the results don’t matter any more but I care about any game Derby play and will still be willing them to play well and win both games. Unless of course Birmingham need to win to send Middlesbrough or Stoke down. Mind you, I don’t care too much for Birmingham either.

I’m just not fussed now - as long as we can stay injury free in these next two games it’ll be job done for me

34 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, Sunday is gonna be ducking awful. It’s gonna be a “Leeds Utd LoveIn” how great they are, what a huge club they are, back where they belong SKY are gonna be all over em like the little Fan boys that we all know they are. 
I honestly think I’m gonna give it the old ‘posnan’ I cant stand SKY and their Leeds United ******** anyway but Sunday is going to be the pinnacle of baalocks. 
Big swerve for me I’m afraid 

Not on Rams TV it won't be ?

Buggers are lucky to be in business after 2007, constantly whinging the football league hate them, but for my money they should have had points deducted for last season and entering a league season back when ken bates bought them without a creditors agreement, was totally against the regs other clubs in trouble were adhering to.

And they have temerity to moan about us . 

Roos

Buchanan      Evans      Clarke       Lowe

Shinnie      Bird

Knight             Sibley          Lawrence

Waghorn

- No point risking injuries (Marriott, Bogle ect...)

- No point playing players who hopefully won't be here next season

- Don't experiment too much to remain reasonably competitive

- I'd just give Rooney the rest of the season off to be ready for next season 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Roos

Shinnie      Bird

Waghorn

I think my reaction is much the same as Rooney's would be for the capitulation you propose. Missing Leeds will not help Rooney one iota for next season. 

6 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Roos

Shinnie      Bird

Waghorn

Buchanan has never played at RB

I have never understood this Leeds rivalry thing. Yes they were our rivals for a period in the 70s, but the was because we were challenging for the title. It was also fuelled by our manager who then for all his hatred of them went to manage them, albeit it very unsuccessfully.

9 hours ago, DCFClks said:

If you had to pick a season not to be promoted it would be this one. No fans winning promotion and first games next season kind of ruins it...  slightly ?‍♂️?

Exactly what I said to my son!  Master stroke not going up this season!!??

4 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have never understood this Leeds rivalry thing. Yes they were our rivals for a period in the 70s, but the was because we were challenging for the title. It was also fuelled by our manager who then for all his hatred of them went to manage them, albeit it very unsuccessfully.

I think the answer lies in your post  - for those with memories that go back that far and have passed it down the generations.  Not me btw.  I genuinely wish them well.

I would be glad to see the back of both Leeds and Forest next season if it enabled us to concentrate on ourselves for a change.

Four extra matches each season where it's just about winning a game of football.

Having been around in the 70s I understand the needle with Leeds, but that should be all it is. This season Leeds have played the better football and deserve to go up. If they've proved it is possible after years of languishing down here then surely it gives us hope. 

Although I would quite like to beat them on Sunday and spoil their party a little bit!

hi all

Robbie Savage this morning on 5 Live, what a funking bar steward, sucking up to the dirties, what a nauseating spectacle, had to switch off or else I'd have thrown up.  Apparently they will bring 'glamour' to the PL.  If by 'glamour' you mean mardyness (look at how infantile Bamford has become for example, he was never like that with us), cynical fouls, attempted sabotage of opponents and a general ruthless, humourless, machine like approach then maybe he's right.

He then had a right go at Norwich big style, whose crimes, according to Savage, were (a) not spending stupid money that they didn't have, (b) giving young players (e.g. Cantwell) a chance and (c) trying to play attractive football even at the cost of results.

Which raises, for us, an interesting existential question guys.  If we had to choose, who would we rather be - Leeds or Norwich?

I think you can guess my answer from the above LOL, but what do people think?

LR2

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lot of negativity - apparently we have no chance against a team missing one of their best players who have just scraped past the mighty Barnsley 1-0.

Or perhaps it’s the reality of knowing we are playing a team that will be looking to clinch the title and rub our noses in it after what happened last season. 

Archived