v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

9 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

On one hand I'm not really bothered about this season anymore. I'd happily play an experimental team with an eye on next season.

With various injuries and suspensions, that's what we've been doing since football's return.

Finished the game against West Brom with the U23 side.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Oh yes, that one 90 minutes will make all the difference. No - for one, whilst Leeds aren't still up we should play our best possible 11 for competitive integrity. I care. They're one of our biggest rivals, I do not want them to win the league at Derby. I hate your mentality to this game.

Right that's it. I'm subbing out Roos and Waghorn and putting Ravas and Whittaker in.

Just a very small bit of the salty vitriol regarding this Sunday

But, but....we don't care about Derby at all.  You mean nothing to Leeds. yeah right .  Don't think they'll ever get over last year,that was a deep cut.  No stitches at the weekend. Make em sweat for another week.

Just imagine a guard of honour at pride park. The only thing that would be missing is Richard Keogh

So Huddersfield could get us promoted on Friday, and then Derby give us a guard of honour on Sunday. Oh my!

But if we beat Barnsley tonight, and huddersfield draw/win vs West Brom, and stoke draw/win vs Brentford. We are champions with 2 games remaining. Can’t see that happening at all but it’s theoretically possible

Tbh it might be more satisfying NOT securing promo beforehand so we can confirm it there. Klich running round with binoculars, Alioski humping the post, Bielsa 30 years younger on the shoulders of Pablo shouting vamos Leeds Carajo, Ben white chasing radz with a signed contract

Still want us to do it at Derby. Part of me wanted a point tonight. How sick is that?

Town promote us and Derby give the guard of honour. You couldn't write it.

It's called Karma m8. Binoculars at the ready.

For my blood pressure I want Huddersfield or Stoke to grab a point. Both would be better. Then to walk out as champions with binoculars round Bielsa's neck at Derby would be sweet.

Want a guard of honour at Derby with Lampard as guest of honour

Would really love that fat scouse granny ****** to give us the guard of honor

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just a very small bit of the salty vitriol regarding this Sunday

But, but....we don't care about Derby at all.  You mean nothing to Leeds. yeah right .  Don't think they'll ever get over last year,that was a deep cut.  No stitches at the weekend. Make em sweat for another week.

Just imagine a guard of honour at pride park. The only thing that would be missing is Richard Keogh

So Huddersfield could get us promoted on Friday, and then Derby give us a guard of honour on Sunday. Oh my!

But if we beat Barnsley tonight, and huddersfield draw/win vs West Brom, and stoke draw/win vs Brentford. We are champions with 2 games remaining. Can’t see that happening at all but it’s theoretically possible

Tbh it might be more satisfying NOT securing promo beforehand so we can confirm it there. Klich running round with binoculars, Alioski humping the post, Bielsa 30 years younger on the shoulders of Pablo shouting vamos Leeds Carajo, Ben white chasing radz with a signed contract

Still want us to do it at Derby. Part of me wanted a point tonight. How sick is that?

Town promote us and Derby give the guard of honour. You couldn't write it.

It's called Karma m8. Binoculars at the ready.

For my blood pressure I want Huddersfield or Stoke to grab a point. Both would be better. Then to walk out as champions with binoculars round Bielsa's neck at Derby would be sweet.

Want a guard of honour at Derby with Lampard as guest of honour

Would really love that fat scouse granny ****** to give us the guard of honor

And this is why I can't stomach us not putting out our best possible team.

Guard of honour? Refuse it, should it be requested. Or give all our players binoculars to wear while they do it. Or how about 4-1 t shirts over the kit. Yes that would be just the ticket. Or Mason Mount t shirts with his finger hushing the crowd or Jack with his arms wide. If we had a vote (do we have a thread somewhere for it?) for our personal greatest Rams moment the Elland Rd destruction would be right up there. 

Probably not a popular point of view but honestly not that bothered about Leeds going up or securing it on Sunday.

They've been the best team in the division for the last 2 years. And all they've got to show for it is an absolute humiliation in their own backyard last May & an empty ground to dance around in this year. That will really annoy them.

Sunday is solely about us & what we want to do. Getting youngsters gametime in dead rubbers is vital for their development & will set us up nicely for next season....wouldn't want to waste that opportunity just because of the opposition.

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

Guard of honour? Refuse it, should it be requested. Or give all our players binoculars to wear while they do it. Or how about 4-1 t shirts over the kit. Yes that would be just the ticket. Or Mason Mount t shirts with his finger hushing the crowd or Jack with his arms wide. If we had a vote (do we have a thread somewhere for it?) for our personal greatest Rams moment the Elland Rd destruction would be right up there. 

Why would we give them one? They havent won anything yet. Even if their promotion is confirmed that doesn't warrant a guard of honor. Just Leeds doing their typical "It means more because it's us" routine.

To be honest teams being given a guard of honour in the Premier league is total nonsense. The idea that the champions should get one is daft, by that logic every team that plays the champions the following season should be obliged to provide one.

It's mental.

7 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Probably not a popular point of view but honestly not that bothered about Leeds going up or securing it on Sunday.

They've been the best team in the division for the last 2 years. And all they've got to show for it is an absolute humiliation in their own backyard last May & an empty ground to dance around in this year. That will really annoy them.

Sunday is solely about us & what we want to do. Getting youngsters gametime in dead rubbers is vital for their development & will set us up nicely for next season....wouldn't want to waste that opportunity just because of the opposition.

Totally agree, they arent a rival, in fact i quite like them as a club, I would say that along with Sheffield united they are my "second/third team"...had a lot of good nights in  Leeds and have a lot of good friends and relatives from around the city.

They will win the league this year because they have the best squad in the league and the best manager in the league (by a long long way), good luck to them, I hope they do well in the top flight (they wont)

And as for the weekend, we will roll over and get our bellies tickled without laying a glove on them, just like we did against Forest, West Brom, Cardiff and Brentford.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally agree, they arent a rival, in fact i quite like them as a club, I would say that along with Sheffield united they are my "second/third team"...had a lot of good nights in  Leeds and have a lot of good friends and relatives from around the city.

They will win the league this year because they have the best squad in the league and the best manager in the league (by a long long way), good luck to them, I hope they do well in the top flight (they wont)

And as for the weekend, we will roll over and get our bellies tickled without laying a glove on them, just like we did against Forest, West Brom, Cardiff and Brentford.

If it wasn’t confirmed before, it’s just been confirmed now...

4FD112B0-9233-4FB5-9AD4-203FEC7DB840.thumb.jpeg.56a67ce8fe2291f09dfda44ccab4f429.jpeg

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Agree with most of that. I don't mind them having lived amongst them for the past 15 years & dont begrudge their promotion, although I would never root for them. I do admire their passion for their club in spite of the real humiliation they've had over the past 15 years. At the heart of their obnoxiousness is a massive inferiority complex to other large cities & clubs from those cities, mainly Manchester and London. They secretly suspect they're a bit forgotten because of the lack of success so try to make up for it with goading, make belief achievements & historically, fan violence.

Also agree there isnt a rivalry between us although it is clearly a fixture with history...I think we tend to confuse the two a bit. If it were a rivalry, we'd sell out the away end at Elland Road every year (only remember us managing that 3 times in last 15 years). That, as well as the fact they see us as a much smaller city & a club without sustained success, is the reason they dont return the ill feeling. Even in the weeks after the playoffs last year, didnt get any bother wearing my Derby top around the city.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Agree with most of that. I don't mind them having lived amongst them for the past 15 years & dont begrudge their promotion, although I would never root for them. I do admire their passion for their club in spite of the real humiliation they've had over the past 15 years. At the heart of their obnoxiousness is a massive inferiority complex to other large cities & clubs from those cities, mainly Manchester and London. They secretly suspect they're a bit forgotten because of the lack of success so try to make up for it with goading, make belief achievements & historically, fan violence.

Also agree there isnt a rivalry between us although it is clearly a fixture with history...I think we tend to confuse the two a bit. If it were a rivalry, we'd sell out the away end at Elland Road every year (only remember us managing that 3 times in last 15 years). That, as well as the fact they see us as a much smaller city & a club without sustained success, is the reason they dont return the ill feeling. Even in the weeks after the playoffs last year, didnt get any bother wearing my Derby top around the city.

Not buying any of that mate. personal experience tells me otherwise.

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You do know we drew with Forest, right?

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not buying any of that mate. personal experience tells me otherwise.

We've all had different experiences but like I said, I've lived here for 15 years so know their mindset well. They profess to 'hate' everyone..its their thing.

Have met a few of their 'proper lads', they actually don't mind us & quite enjoy the needle we dish out particularly at PP.

23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

yes I do....we managed to scramble in the crappiest of crappy goals after an appaling performance and not getting close to breaking them down for 90 minutes....

So we did lay a glove on them? By scoring a goal? And getting a point?

21 minutes ago, nottingram said:

So we did lay a glove on them? By scoring a goal? And getting a point?

If you are happy with that performance then yes, you can say that.... personally, I thought It was total dogs mess...but hey ho. It’s all opinions isn’t It. 

Archived