v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

On one hand I'm not really bothered about this season anymore. I'd happily play an experimental team with an eye on next season. But then this is Leeds. They beat us they're going up. So I'd like us to delay the inevitable if possible. Plus I think we need to get as many points as possible with this EFL charge hanging over us. So I don't think it's right we play kids or experiment really. I'd put our best team out.

Can't imagine Holmes or Wisdom being fit. With that in mind I'd go:-

Roos

Bogle Evans Clarke Lowe

Rooney  Bird

Sibley

Waghorn Martin Lawrence

Wouldn't even consider putting Jozefzoon in the squad. I've seen enough. I'd be hoping a foreign team with a blind scout comes in for him. The majority of that team will probably be here next season (Bogle I think will get sold and I don't think Martin will stay).

Then depending how the game is going I'd look to give Marriott 20-30 mins. Whittaker I still think needs to go on loan next season.

I mean clearly Leeds are going to beat us and get promoted at our ground (First time I've been glad I can't go). 

But nothing will take away last season at all. We live for those moments and Leeds fans will probably get there's on Sunday and if they do it's fully deserved. I'll be glad to see the back of them.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would pick a strong team for Leeds for 3 reasons. 

1) I don't want to give those turds an easy win

2) I don't want youngsters exposed to a potential 5,6,7 battering

and

3) we are obliged to play a full strength team in any game that may affect promotion, relegation and title.

I would imagine that Birmingham away may be more apt for experimentation/blooding youngsters for the same reasons that Leeds isn't a good option, listed above. 

I would also add that any senior fringe players who we want to leave (I presume Malone and Josefzoon) should now be not even included in the squad. 

17 hours ago, RYRAM said:

hi all I am new here as this is my first post I will go 6-0 too the RAMS 

ROONEY FGS

I think you've got the wrong forum. This one is only for sensible folk who know what they're talking about. I'm right aren't I? Back me up folks.

Only kidding of course. Welcome.

Just can't see us getting anything out if this game. The play off win was as close to a football miracle as you will ever get. Leeds will cement promotion at Pride Park and it will be gut wrenching.

It seems hard to believe that only a few years back we only had to turn up to beat the Dirty Leeds, we beat them 10 times on the trot, from Dec 06 to Oct 13. Oh how times have changed.

Hopefully Cocu will turn us into a force over the next season or two, and maybe next time we face the Dirty Leeds, things will be very different.

Living near, and working in Leeds, I certainly hope so.

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mean clearly Leeds are going to beat us and get promoted at our ground (First time I've been glad I can't go). 

Thank goodness for games being played behind closed doors at the moment. Leeds fans celebrating promotion at a packed Pride Park would have been tough to handle.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Thank goodness for games being played behind closed doors at the moment. Leeds fans celebrating promotion at a packed Pride Park would have been tough to handle.

Even if we could have gone I think I'd have stayed at home and shut the curtains.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Even if we could have gone I think I'd have stayed at home and shut the curtains.

Nah you'd have to go and just pray we beat them.

Like those hardy souls who got to experience the joy at Elland Road last May!

Roos

Bogle     Evans  Clark   Lowe 

Bird  Rooney 

Knight           Sibley         Lawrence 

Waghorn 

This for me also would like to see Hector- Ingram  given some minutes 

I can't believe people want us to play young players here. I don't care if our season has nothing left to play for, I do not want to see the scummy duckers winning promotion/the title in our stadium. Just for pride purposes play our best possible team and go and beat them. Play the youth team vs Birmingham when it actually doesn't matter.

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Lowe 

knight   Bird.   Sibley

waghon Marriott Lawrence 

front 3 don’t come back past the halfway line and run at them whilst the midfield three run their socks off and the defenders actually defend with substitutes of Rooney Martin Shinnie entering in the second half 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I can't believe people want us to play young players here. I don't care if our season has nothing left to play for, I do not want to see the scummy duckers winning promotion/the title in our stadium. Just for pride purposes play our best possible team and go and beat them. Play the youth team vs Birmingham when it actually doesn't matter.

I agree but I bet Cocu will...he doesn't see it in emotional terms,just pure logic,like Mr Spock.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I can't believe people want us to play young players here. 

Two games left to offer our young players a chance to get some vital experience. Who cares about Leeds? We should concentrate on our own development now.

Anyway our "young players" are our best players.

And stop giving me evils.

19 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Two games left to offer our young players a chance to get some vital experience. Who cares about Leeds? We should concentrate on our own development now.

Anyway our "young players" are our best players.

And stop giving me evils.

Oh yes, that one 90 minutes will make all the difference. No - for one, whilst Leeds aren't still up we should play our best possible 11 for competitive integrity. I care. They're one of our biggest rivals, I do not want them to win the league at Derby. I hate your mentality to this game.

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I agree but I bet Cocu will...he doesn't see it in emotional terms,just pure logic,like Mr Spock.

Which is what I hate about him. He doesn't get it. I worked that one out at Forest away, not that I want to get into that argument again.

Archived