v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been clear with the run in that we are not ready for promotion and still need to take that extra step. We need a better GK, some wingers and i'd still suggest some work in defence is necessary. I think we need to keep faith with Cocu and given everything that has happened this year he's still done a good job. It's been an absolute horror season and hopefully we will recruit wisely, get rid of players who cannot cut it anymore and work towards finally getting promotion. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's been clear with the run in that we are not ready for promotion and still need to take that extra step. We need a better GK, some wingers and i'd still suggest some work in defence is necessary. I think we need to keep faith with Cocu and given everything that has happened this year he's still done a good job. It's been an absolute horror season and hopefully we will recruit wisely, get rid of players who cannot cut it anymore and work towards finally getting promotion. 

Too many cooks i think...

Cocu system is Wrong I think we need to go 4 -1 -4 -1 with quick centre forward and 2 quick wingers and knight and Sibley as the midfield runners .

something like this 

New

Wisdom  T Wierk   New    New

Bielik

New    Sibley  Knight    New

New

6 new players or loans 

sell or release 

Martin ,Waghorn ,Lowe ,Davies 

Lawrence ,Bogle ,Shinnie 

loan out Whittaker and Buchanan 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I only used Bielsa as an example because he was the first of the top of my head, but a lot of managers could squeeze more out of this Derby team. Cocu isn't to blame for players making mistakes, but we approach games against big teams too negatively every time. We're so worried about them we never play. We sit off. We don't press, we don't harass the opposition, but they do all that to us. 

But how many of these hypothetical coaches would integrate 5-6 youngsters into the team. That is now the reality and it it as such because we have hired manager after manger who focussed on the short term. Rowett would have probably got us in the play offs this season but he’d have set the club back a couple years by doing it, so might Lampard but we’d have spent the year developing Chelsea’s youngsters and not our own.

The young players are going to make mistakes, it’s not long ago the style was excellent and we were scoring loads. The last few games have been turgid but think of Milwall (A), Swansea (A), Blackburn (H), Sheff Weds (A). Genuinely excellent performances, but with a team as young as ours comes inconsistency and not always doing the right things. I believe Cocu currently has them on a fairly tight leash, in many games I don’t think the trust has been there to take the leash of and at times with good reason. But as the team learns and develops they will get there.

Just now, Richard246 said:

Cocu system is Wrong I think we need to go 4 -1 -4 -1 with quick centre forward and 2 quick wingers and knight and Sibley as the midfield runners .

something like this 

New

Bielik

New

6 new players or loans 

sell or release 

Lawrence ,Bogle ,Shinnie 

Where’s Rooney? 

Just now, nottingram said:

The young players are going to make mistakes, it’s not long ago the style was excellent and we were scoring loads. The last few games have been turgid but think of Milwall (A), Swansea (A), Blackburn (H), Sheff Weds (A). Genuinely excellent performances, but with a team as young as ours comes inconsistency and not always doing the right things. I believe Cocu currently has them on a fairly tight leash, in many games I don’t think the trust has been there to take the leash of and at times with good reason. But as the team learns and develops they will get there.

I hope you're right cos I'm not convinced about Bird & Rooney at CDM. We looked much livelier when Shinny came on. 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The voice of reason

For years I've read on here how we need a transition season.

Hell we even had a sizable number who thought Pearson relegating us would be a necessary evil to help us rebuild, and now we've had one that's only lost steam in the last few weeks, it's a disaster.

I think we have building blocks to have succesful season next season but what is clear we need demanding keeper and I still feel we need a play maker but I think max bird will improve as goes on. But some of younger players need go out on loan and get first team foorball.

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

something like this 

New

Bielik

New

6 new players or loans 

sell or release 

Lawrence ,Bogle ,Shinnie 

Good luck with finding six new players of decent quality that we can afford.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

But how many of these hypothetical coaches would integrate 5-6 youngsters into the team. That is now the reality and it it as such because we have hired manager after manger who focussed on the short term. Rowett would have probably got us in the play offs this season but he’d have set the club back a couple years by doing it, so might Lampard but we’d have spent the year developing Chelsea’s youngsters and not our own.

Isn't football supposed to be entertaining? We might have been developing Mount and Tomori for Chelsea but they were a pleasure to watch and showed up in the big games. We're not inconsistent, we're rubbish against good teams. Have been all season long. I just don't know when we should start expecting more and not just be ok with losing 4 on the bounce.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Where’s Rooney? 

You would have to pick one from Bielik ,Rooney or Bird

Need to be more ruthless if you are serious about promotion this squad is no where need good enough so at least 5 to 6 changed then you could see a real team

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'll get stick for this, but I don't care much. This Derby team is just as boring as Rowett's and Clement's. We're slow, ponderous, pedestrian and we can't defend. Cocu's tactics are bad. We can't score goals yet we keep playing 2 holding midfielders. I don't think we'll be anywhere near the promotion mix next season. We're so far away from good enough. Just look at our record vs the top 6.

No stick from me. Today was dull, very little energy out there & no idea why Davies was selected.

I don't think for a second that is the intention though & the side will see rapid improvement in the next few months. Those changes won't need to be significant to make us a force in this division, we'd look a totally different unit with 2 quick wide men for example.

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

You would have to pick one from Bielik ,Rooney or Bird

Need to be more ruthless if you are serious about promotion this squad is no where need good enough so at least 5 to 6 changed then you could see a real team

If we need 5 or 6 personnel changes to compete it's a bit unfair to say the tactics are at fault.

Archived