v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'll get stick for this, but I don't care much. This Derby team is just as boring as Rowett's and Clement's. We're slow, ponderous, pedestrian and we can't defend. Cocu's tactics are bad. We can't score goals yet we keep playing 2 holding midfielders. I don't think we'll be anywhere near the promotion mix next season. We're so far away from good enough. Just look at our record vs the top 6.

It’s definitely been poor but thinks he deserves a proper transfer window where he can actually sign his kind of players not rushed ones like last summer or signing absolutely no one in January 

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel like I’m disappointed having just lost a pre season friendly. 

When you have absolutely nothing to play for you can understand that performance, just hoped they would have gone out there for pride though and sent them away with a defeat having started the day applauding them onto the pitch. 

I’m off to sulk for a bit.

I’ll say the same as I did after the Cardiff game. We got exactly what our attitude to the game deserved - nothing. No fight, no desire, nothing. Leeds had a second string out who’d been on the piss all weekend and they still showed 10x the work rate our pathetic little lot put in. So so so disappointing. A lot needs to change next season if we’re going to remotely compete - both in terms of personnel and tactics. The end to this season has been painfully boring viewing.

Just now, Topram said:

It’s definitely been poor but thinks he deserves a proper transfer window where he can actually sign his kind of players not rushed ones like last summer or signing absolutely no one in January 

A question for you: do you think Bielsa would get our players to look better than Cocu has? For me, the answer is clear. Our players aren't brilliant but the way we've been recently has been shocking. I'm not even calling for Cocu out, I'm just despairing at how far away we are. 

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Pains me to say it, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if PC walks away this summer. He’s potentially gonna be starting on minus 12 points too next season. 

He looks to have aged 10 years this season. 

6 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

They are teams in our division, your argument is an unsound one. We’ve got 1 point from 15 that’s that 

Complete non answer

How many points did you expect us to get in the last 6 games?

I knew this would happen, I bloody knew it

The hardest run-in of any team in the division and nobody has the stomach for a predictably poor run of performances even when they know what's ahead, instead they turn around and say things like "duck off Derby"

Our supporters are an embarrassment at times.

Just now, G-Ram said:

Its just boring sideways backwards passing. Predictable & easy to play against. Same story every game. We're four of five first team players short

Yep, Leeds pass and move with purpose and pace. We are often sluggish, Sibley definitely an exception. We need better movement everywhere. We had too many pedestrian players today and too many times this season. I think if Cocu can bring in his targets, get rid of certain players and avoid a points deduction, we could challenge next season though. Our young players are the best crop of youngsters I can remember coming through into the first team. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Errrr yeah?

That's what I was saying 

Not in the post I quoted it wasn't. Unless you've just phrased it poorly.

"No, on recent form our first 11 would beat other mid-table / top 10 teams as proven by our results against them."

Our recent form suggests the complete opposite - we can't beat most of the top 10.

"Unless you're purposely talking about our form against the top 6 teams in the league where due to suspensions we haven't even had our best 11 available."

As I said previously you can't blame our failure to beat any of the top 6 in 12 different games purely on suspensions.

As it stands we are a mid table side at best this season but after this years debacles on and off the pitch I don’t think we could have expected much more.

Cocu now has a chance now and a little extra time to build the team in his image and next season we might actually start to see his own team emerge from the chaos.

be nice not to lose against brum though,just so the lads can end the season on a slightly more positive note.

COYR

Just now, Coconut said:

Complete non answer

The hardest run-in of any team in the division and nobody has the stomach for a predictably poor run of performances even when they know what's ahead, instead they turn around and say things like "duck off Derby"

Embarrassing support.

Embarrassing answer. I expected 6/7 points from it. But more so, I expected us to compete. I was ok with the performance against Brentford. The rest were terrible performances from us.

Just now, Coconut said:

Complete non answer

Embarrassing support.

That is bad support but it’s not good enough. Even if we were in a relegation scrap, to lose four in a row isn’t good enough in an unpredictable league. I don’t think most people would have predicted this since our January revival. Way too many mistakes from professional footballers. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'll get stick for this, but I don't care much. This Derby team is just as boring as Rowett's and Clement's. We're slow, ponderous, pedestrian and we can't defend. Cocu's tactics are bad. We can't score goals yet we keep playing 2 holding midfielders. I don't think we'll be anywhere near the promotion mix next season. We're so far away from good enough. Just look at our record vs the top 6.

Don’t worry mate you are not alone in thinking this. We are light years away from competing again in this division and there is nothing Cocu says or does that inspires me to think anything different. 

Archived