v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

I’ll always back this club,and I’m pleased that the academy is now bearing fruit. The worry for me is the style Cocu is playing, can it work without several quality players ? Surely the Championship is about pressing, effort, doing the basics well, and having a very good spine to the team.

None of the above evident today.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Complete non answer

How many points did you expect us to get in the last 6 games?

I knew this would happen, I bloody knew it

The hardest run-in of any team in the division and nobody has the stomach for a predictably poor run of performances even when they know what's ahead, instead they turn around and say things like "duck off Derby"

Embarrassing support.

Let’s just end this right now, you clearly know more than me. I’ve my own opinion and it doesn’t match yours and in all honesty I couldn’t care less ??

Very limp. 

Cocu's work really begins tonight. 

Flattered to deceive all season really. Very few games where we have clicked, hardly put any teams away. Safety first football...keep the ball, get the goal and shut up shop. 

Much like PSV experts predicted. 

Great if you are winning, controlling games. Not so much if you keep conceding early goals and look generally toothless. 

Aside from bringing through the youngsters, not a lot to cheer. 

Massive close season ahead. Bird, Shinnie, Rooney, Knight..midfield which is our strongest unit is a bit pedestrian. 

Need a new striker, some pace /width and defence gives away so many soft goals. Both keepers poor... 

Still genuinely believe Cocu will get it right but lots and lots to do... 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Embarrassing answer. I expected 6/7 points from it. But more so, I expected us to compete. I was ok with the performance against Brentford. The rest were terrible performances from us.

Yep, it was right to expect at least a win and a draw. We haven’t even competed and made so many mistakes. No one should be accepting this, the opposition are all teams in our division. We haven’t stepped up

Just now, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Yep, it was right to expect at least a win and a draw. We haven’t even competed and made so many mistakes. No one should be accepting this, the opposition are all teams in our division. We haven’t stepped up

I'd be ok if we were just doing the basic requirements in the Championship. Working hard, competing and at least testing the opposition at the back. The idea that somehow you're not a real fan if you're ok with us losing 4 on the bounce is frankly laughable.

cant believe how backwards bird has gone aswell. Compared to Thorne by many i wouldn't let him suck Thorneys big toe but I know he's still young. He's gotta learn to pass forward and release it more quicker. If he's any slower he might aswell pick the ball up shove it up his top and pretend he's pregnant. Like I said I know he's young but gotta improve quickly. I would sell waghorn bogle and few others and reinvest. We need a striker 2 wingers centre attacking mid to compete with sibley centre back and a left back and keeper. 

A nothing game for both teams,however thought we might have had more of a go considering they know the fans thoughts towards Leeds.

Not sure why we gave them a guard of honour before the match,as far as I am concerned anyone connected with Leeds is a complete tw%t. I take consolation knowing that they will be back down next season ?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where did you expect those 6 or 7 points to come from?

I thought we could definitely beat Cardiff. I expected Leeds to already be up by the time we played them. I thought out of WBA or Brentford we could have ground out a point from one of them.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

cant believe how backwards bird has gone aswell. Compared to Thorne by many i wouldn't let him duck Thorneys toe but I know he's still young. He's gotta learn to pass forward and release it more quicker. If he's any slower he might aswell pick the ball up shove it up his top and pretend he's pregnant. Like I said I know he's young but gotta improve quickly. I would sell waghorn bogle and few others and reinvest. We need a striker 2 wingers centre attacking mid to compete with sibley centre back and a left back and keeper. 

We need a striker but you'd sell our top scorer?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

A question for you: do you think Bielsa would get our players to look better than Cocu has? For me, the answer is clear. Our players aren't brilliant but the way we've been recently has been shocking. I'm not even calling for Cocu out, I'm just despairing at how far away we are. 

I know what you mean, but Bielsa is a generational coach. Whoever at Leeds convinced him to join them genuinely deserves 10 medals. 

Honestly I think it is barely worth comparing a team at this level to Leeds. If they had a decent striker they’d have absolutely walked it, even more so than they have anyway. A couple games ago we more than matched Brentford until our keeper lobbed one in.

Really don’t think we are a million miles off competing closer to the top end. Everyone knows what we are missing, we just need to hope that we can get it

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Not in the post I quoted it wasn't. Unless you've just phrased it poorly.

"No, on recent form our first 11 would beat other mid-table / top 10 teams as proven by our results against them."

Our recent form suggests the complete opposite - we can't beat most of the top 10.

"Unless you're purposely talking about our form against the top 6 teams in the league where due to suspensions we haven't even had our best 11 available."

As I said previously you can't blame our failure to beat any of the top 6 in 12 different games purely on suspensions.

I didn't blame suspensions for 12 results. I mentioned suspensions because the post I was quoting said we'd had out first 11 available in the past 6 games.

We've beat Preston, Blackburn & Millwall in the past 10 games, our competition for upper mid table spots.

I'm saying that if you take our form over the past 10-12 games, not just the past 6 games, against the best 6 teams in the league, then it'sclear that we have enough about us to not to get relegated.

Just now, nottingram said:

I know what you mean, but Bielsa is a generational coach. Whoever at Leeds convinced him to join them genuinely deserves 10 medals. 

Honestly I think it is barely worth comparing a team at this level to Leeds. If they had a decent striker they’d have absolutely walked it, even more so than they have anyway. A couple games ago we more than matched Brentford until our keeper lobbed one in.

Really don’t think we are a million miles off competing closer to the top end. Everyone knows what we are missing, we just need to hope that we can get it

I'm not comparing us to Leeds, they're clearly far superior my point was more I think Cocu's tactics are holding us back. I also don't think we'll have the money to address some of the gaping holes in our teams so I expect another season of nothing.

Archived