v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

I find it interesting that there's been an on going dialogue in this thread about which individuals may or may not be good enough for us going forward; while a close to full-strength side is losing to a competitor's second string. 

Plenty of individuals aren't good enough if promotion is the goal. Should be backups if we're wanting to compete next season.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Oh, I thought it was continuing on from the last match where some posters' blood pressure went through the roof because I suggested we weren't completely awful.

No not especially. About what I expected to be honest.

Haha fair enough, you have low expectations ?

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Equal top scorer in the team...

best goals per minute in the championship 

? isn’t he

I think I implied he wasn't...but not good enough. 

He doesn't work the line, doesn't stretch the game, isn't great in the air, throws himself to the ground....stats show he scores, but as a team game he just doesn't offer an outlet or a foundation enough to take the pressure off the midfield. If he doesn't score and particularly in games where we are under pressure he is a luxury in my opinion. 

Just now, angieram said:

And that's the difference between the two teams - they take their chances, we don't. 

I'm sorry, but there is a lot more differences than that. They're much much more fluid, dynamic, enterprising. They're almost everything we're not. They play at speed with the desire to go forward and we don't.

Archived