Giving the players abuse.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

That was me I’ve apologised and everything as it was a frustration in the heat of the moment. I can assure you it’s nothing to do with likes or attention I just wanted people to stop hurling abuse towards me as much as it’s deserved I’ve seen a lot of indirect tweets aimed at me the reason behind posting that was purely down to the fact that people don’t believe me being sorry for it 

Moral of the story: Don't be a dick online.

I mean seriously, what sort of an idiot goes online to abuse someone like that? If nothing else, what does it achieve lambasting Hamer for his mistake? I’m sure he knows full well that he’s ducked up, he doesn’t need some jumped up muppet shoving it down his throat. If you want to comment on it and get your frustrations out, come on here and have a good moan. It’s simple really, it’s what we all do! And don’t even get me started on some of the language used, it’s just unacceptable - if you wouldn’t say it to his face in the street, don’t tweet it to him online.

Desperate inadequates garnering likes from their even more inconsequential band of 'followers'. It's a modern disease and unfortunately, it'll only get worse.

The way some folk use social media is partly the reason we can't have nice things. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

.And don’t even get me started on some of the language used, it’s just unacceptable - if you wouldn’t say it to his face in the street, don’t tweet it to him online.

What? So if he'll say it to his face it's okay?

I maybe have a slightly different perspective on things having played to a mediocre standard on Saturday/Sunday football. Mostly I was a big hard working centre forward who only occasionally scored goals but spent half a season in goals due to injury crisis.

I think I am amongst the most level headed and calm individual you might meet, but part way through that “half season” I remember not sleeping well before games and started making errors due to confidence.

I have been critical on here of both current goal keepers (particularly Roos) but think THIS IS the place that is ok to criticise and discuss with my fellow fans. I have and will give every Derby player 100% support never booed even once.

No particular moral to this story other than don’t give poo to someone if you can’t do better yourself. Given that both Roos and Hamer are (average at best) champ goalies i doubt many have the right to vent the their spleen at them.

Must admit, in the match day thread, I did post what may well appear to be an advocation of violence towards Hamer. (Not by me, but by one of his team mates). 

I’d like to think my posting history on here, (coupled with the use of an “appropriate” emoji or two, from memory) would have clearly indicated my sole intention of humour, but just in case that wasn’t the case, I apologise here and now for any hint of malice towards Hamer, and assure him there was no true hatred behind my posting. 

A sole raised eyebrow emoji would have been a truer representation of my strongest feelings at the time, but I opted for “going for likes”!  My bad!

There’s no room for real hatred in my life, on or off line... only stupidity!

Fortunately I don’t do twitter etc!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, in the match day thread, I did post what may well appear to be an advocation of violence towards Hamer. (Not by me, but by one of his team mates). 

I’d like to think my posting history on here, (coupled with the use of an “appropriate” emoji or two, from memory) would have clearly indicated my sole intention of humour, but just in case that wasn’t the case, I apologise here and now for any hint of malice towards Hamer, and assure him there was no true hatred behind my posting. 

A sole raised eyebrow emoji would have been a truer representation of my strongest feelings at the time, but I opted for “going for likes”!  My bad!

There’s no room for real hatred in my life, on or off line... only stupidity!

Fortunately I don’t do twitter etc!

Good try but I think you've fallen short of what is required today.

You forgot to apologise for things that your ancestors may have written on blackboards, papyrus or cave walls.

13 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

That was me I’ve apologised and everything as it was a frustration in the heat of the moment. I can assure you it’s nothing to do with likes or attention I just wanted people to stop hurling abuse towards me as much as it’s deserved I’ve seen a lot of indirect tweets aimed at me the reason behind posting that was purely down to the fact that people don’t believe me being sorry for it 

I don’t doubt that you’re sorry for it. But I also don’t think you can play it off as a “heat of the moment thing”. Going out of your way to set up a petition takes some kind of thought and consideration. You’re well within your rights to say I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, but it just appears that it was done to get some likes but once it backfired, and it wasn’t funny, the apology came.

That’s the difference between criticism and targeted abuse. Plenty will give opinions on mistakes from players publicly, but when it’s rammed down players throats is when it’s gone too far - that point isn’t necessarily aimed just at you.

14 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Desperate inadequates garnering likes from their even more inconsequential band of 'followers'. It's a modern disease and unfortunately, it'll only get worse.

The way some folk use social media is partly the reason we can't have nice things. 

This.

Also, if people want to get angry, why can't they get angry about important things?

There are times that it is just embarassing to be a supporter of the club - it was a poor performance, but for him to have to see a petition to have him kicked out of the club and then to have to delete his twitter account because of the abuse from 'fans' - I don't even want to be associated as the same species as some of the pond-life that claim to support the Rams.....

My particular beef in this whole sorry mess is the apparent belief these days that making an apology once you have been found out or caught somehow absolves you of consequences.

Vile abuse at a match would hopefully get you banned from PP and any sort of apology wouldn't or shouldn't save you. Not taking responsibility for actions is a cancer in society generally these days. Vile abuse on social media should result in the same, but rarely does. This petition was one of many instances that caused a fellow human being to delete their account. Someone making a living out of a professional game. 

"If I get caught I can always apologise" seems to be a mantra some believe in these days. If your basic decency filter was working remotely you couldn't get near to forming the idea of such a petition.

Or am I just an out of touch old biffer.......

Archived