Giving the players abuse.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am struggling a bit to understand what you mean by some of the language, there is a swear filter on this site unless I'm mistaken? 

I mean in general,not on here,more twitter and other social media.

Players are fairly active on Twitter and some of the stuff is not on.

I think criticism is ok on here, we all agree/disagree on a variety of issues as is the point of the forum. Where it crosses the line is when people go onto players twitter/ facebook accounts etc and give them abuse, I just don’t get it and to be honest it embarrasses me that people who support our club feel that’s ok. 

Lets be honest, it's not just exclusive to football, it's just generally what some idiots think is acceptable these days.

This runs from the top of society down.

Dont think we, as a club, should be beating ourselves up about it. 

We live in a society now where if you dont do what people want you to do or dont agree with people then they see you as game for all sorts of bad treatment.

Most fans would agree regardless of their opinions of the player.

Unfortunately we will always have a small section of fans who believe it’s ok to post abuse directly to players.

They will see topics like this and laugh it off, see nothing wrong with telling a player to F off or call them the C word.

All players and the unite on this, when a user directs any abuse to any player, they get blocked by all players and the clubs official accounts. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I've come off Twitter, such a hateful place full of anger and vitriol. 

Have just read that a 12 year old, yes 12 year old from Solihull has been arrested for racially abusing Wilfred Zaha presumably on Twitter too. Sadly it didnt surprise me.

That was on Instagram. I hope the police have pulled the parents in for questioning.

The lad that was behind the Andre flag has been taking a lot of stick for his abuse towards Ben Hamer, such as starting some kind of petition that was deleted before I saw it, and apparently resulted in Hamer deleting his Twitter account.

It pretty much removes his credibility of doing good built up before. Really I think a lot of the people who post abuse publicly about players tend to do so because it’s “funny” and they’ll get likes for it. I don’t think they ever expect or realise that the player will see it and how it’ll affect them.

He’s then gone out of his way to apologise to Hamer on Instagram, but been sure to show all his Twitter followers. As useful as Twitter, and all social media can be, it just breeds attention seeking idiots like that lad who belittle others to seem cool to their tribe of ‘followers’. 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Cowards.

Would they say it to their faces in Tesco?

No.  Touchscreen gobshites.

To be honest about it some of them try to at the stadium on match days - it's a societal problem. I can say/do what I want, my right init.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

To be honest about it some of them try to at the stadium on match days - it's a societal problem. I can say/do what I want, my right init.

Well, yes I guess some do shout from within a group of supporters.  Look at when Eric Dier of Tottingham went into the crowd to confront a foul mouthed critic, the “supporter” apologised in person.

Mind you, he was trying to get a lifetime ban overturned.

I didn’t realise that he’d been so targeted when I saw Hamer had deleted his Twitter. That’s really poor and I think that’s about right, they do these things to get likes. Pathetic. I commented that a mistake like that is unforgivable. I think that’s the most harsh I can be accused of being. 
The idiot who sits next to me at PP constantly shouts vile abuse at Fozzy, I wish the stewards would eject him, give me a bit of peace, never mind poor Fozzy 

Sadly, some of our 'fans' seem to think it proves greater loyalty or passion if there's more aggressive abuse on show. Just don't get it myself. I moved seats at PP from the South Stand after not 'joining in' with some of the hateful bile aimed at our players and/or visiting supporters. My fellow Rams around me gave me all sorts of hassle. Probably the same idiots who have been abusing online. It says something about somebody who uses the word 'hate' when commenting on a leisure pursuit, particularly when referring to a player's competency. I work with people who aren't particularly good at their job but I don't hate them.  

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

The lad that was behind the Andre flag has been taking a lot of stick for his abuse towards Ben Hamer, such as starting some kind of petition that was deleted before I saw it, and apparently resulted in Hamer deleting his Twitter account.

It pretty much removes his credibility of doing good built up before. Really I think a lot of the people who post abuse publicly about players tend to do so because it’s “funny” and they’ll get likes for it. I don’t think they ever expect or realise that the player will see it and how it’ll affect them.

He’s then gone out of his way to apologise to Hamer on Instagram, but been sure to show all his Twitter followers. As useful as Twitter, and all social media can be, it just breeds attention seeking idiots like that lad who belittle others to seem cool to their tribe of ‘followers’. 

That was me I’ve apologised and everything as it was a frustration in the heat of the moment. I can assure you it’s nothing to do with likes or attention I just wanted people to stop hurling abuse towards me as much as it’s deserved I’ve seen a lot of indirect tweets aimed at me the reason behind posting that was purely down to the fact that people don’t believe me being sorry for it 

6 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

That was me I’ve apologised and everything as it was a frustration in the heat of the moment. I can assure you it’s nothing to do with likes or attention I just wanted people to stop hurling abuse towards me as much as it’s deserved I’ve seen a lot of indirect tweets aimed at me the reason behind posting that was purely down to the fact that people don’t believe me being sorry for it 

Fair does. I'm sure you'll consider what you're posting before you do it again. We've all got angry and made mistakes but you have to remember there are people behind these screens. #COYR

7 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

It takes a big man to apologise, so well done for that.

I've lost count of the number of petitions I've started in the heat of the moment!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair does. I'm sure you'll consider what you're posting before you do it again. We've all got angry and made mistakes but you have to remember there are people behind these screens. #COYR

Yeah definitely will do was inexcusable what I did, I don’t wanna talk about it too much, feel crap about it all

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

It takes a big man to apologise, so well done for that.

I've lost count of the number of petitions I've started in the heat of the moment!

Thank you, don’t know what went through my head to be honest 

Archived