Do we need a new goalkeeper?

IslandExile

Do we need a new goalkeeper?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As Hamer is better than Roos we surely need more than one keeper. Such a vital position.

Think we should give Ravas if/when play-off chances are gone. Just to see if he could at least be a 2nd choice keeper next season

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Every game I see Hamer make a mistake, and on here I'm told I'm exaggerating and he's not that bad.

I've said it since day one. Roos didn't deserve to be dropped and all these people were saying hamer is 'far superior.' Absolute nonsense. I saw him play a few games in the premier League last season and he was woeful, most notably in their 6-1 defeat to Manchester city. At least Huddersfield had the balls to drop him.

Rooney factor..... would that work on Joe Hart. Yes big pay cut, yes he wants Premier League but how keen is he to play. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see a player take a pay cut to actually play the game they love. Wayne, get on your cell phone mate..... 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I've said it since day one. Roos didn't deserve to be dropped and all these people were saying hamer is 'far superior.' Absolute nonsense. I saw him play a few games in the premier League last season and he was woeful, most notably in their 6-1 defeat to Manchester city. At least Huddersfield had the balls to drop him.

Roos did deserve to be dropped. Both keepers not good enough.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Every game I see Hamer make a mistake, and on here I'm told I'm exaggerating and he's not that bad. I think he's the worst keeper in the top 4 divisions of English football, every time he kicks it, it goes out for a throw in. He can't stop shots. He can't deal with crosses. He runs off his line and has to scurry back in no mans land. We would be in a playoff spot if we had a proper keeper.

The sooner we're rid of that weetabix wrist clown the better. The academy keeper cannot be worse than this. We should be chasing Huddersfield for our money back under trading standards, they sold us what was described as a keeper but is clear to see is anything but. 

Theres no need to exaggerate to make your point.

I imagine you dont know half of the goalkeepers in this division, nevermind the 48/96 from the divisions below.

I dont remember him kicking the ball out once today but happy to be corrected.

He saved plenty of shots midweek.

Agree that he gets caught in no mans land too often and in the last few matches he has caused us goals.

To say he has cost us a play off place is silly though.

We've scored 2 goals in the last 3 games...that is not play off form.

Disagree that we need two, Roos is a sufficient back-up.

Spending money on two keepers when there’s other areas of the squad that desperately need addressing, such as right wing where you’d like us to not bring in someone from the bargain bucket, would be a waste when realistically one keeper should start every league game.

After years of bloated squads, the focus needs to be on quality over quantity. Academy players should be filling up the squad on cheap wages not more Baird, Shinnie, Blackman etc type signings.

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Does our goalkeeping coach get off scot-free during this inquest?? ..... just ask in’

Jury's out, but I think it's harsh to blame Given when Ben Hamer was already known as "Banter Ben" before he even got here, and Roos had the same issues he's had this season during some of his loan spells. 

Archived