Do we need a new goalkeeper?

IslandExile

Do we need a new goalkeeper?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok can you name the other 71 keepers than he is worse than please and how many times you have seen them play?

And also the 'at least 3 times' he kicked the ball out, I will watch the match back and apologise if I was wrong.

He did today at least once, and I’m sure more than that. When Fozzy is playing the kicks to the touch line “kind of” work as he isn’t to bad in the air, when he’s not playing they generally hit row A of the West Stand. To be fair I don’t think it’s any different when Roos or Carson played

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a Derby fan and I too will be devastated should we start our next Championship without having bought and brought in a quality goakeeper.

When Les Green started letting in soft goals Colin Boulton emerged as a match winner.

Leeds had an Achilles heel in the form of Gary Sprake. Then Revie fielded a reserve team at the BBG which we beat 4-1. Had it not been for David Harvey, their goalie, I reckon we might have got into double figures.

I have no doubt that the hunt is on for Derby to find a Boulton or Harvey.

Anyone got any idea where one might be hiding?

BTW it is no good a goalie doing athletic manoeuvres if the ball ends up in the back of the net! (or rolling slowly over the line.)

25 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Eric Steele made this point. Some of the names he recommended would suit this club also, Darlow, Bettenelli, Danny Ward

I rate Bettinelli quite highly. Would suit the desired style of play, but is prone to the odd clanger himself which is why he’s now 2nd choice at Fulham. 

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I am a Derby fan and I too will be devastated should we start our next Championship without having bought and brought in a quality goakeeper.

When Les Green started letting in soft goals Colin Boulton emerged as a match winner.

Leeds had an Achilles heel in the form of Gary Sprake. Then Revie fielded a reserve team at the BBG which we beat 4-1. Had it not been for David Harvey, their goalie, I reckon we might have got into double figures.

I have no doubt that the hunt is on for Derby to find a Boulton or Harvey.

Anyone got any idea where one might be hiding?

BTW it is no good a goalie doing athletic manoeuvres if the ball ends up in the back of the net! (or rolling slowly over the line.)

Arnold at Northampton 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

For the second part I'm more than happy to apologise if I was wrong.

See you've not responded re all of the other goalkeepers in the EFL, bet you would struggle to name 10.

I could name 10 easily, I just don't really fancy it. You were wrong, though.

7 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Not a chance we'll be able to pay the transfer fees any of these three would  command. 

Darlow is out of contract so we might be able to afford him.

At least the transfer fee, if not the wages.

Archived