Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

11 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

In a pub in Allestree, standing at the bar my mate turns to kella Roos (While Carson was no.1) and says Duck me you’re so tall you could be a goalkeeper. Roos turns round and rather than takes the comment in the jest it was delivered he tells us to duck off. 
Then punched the pint of lager given to him from the barman, right into my mates hands!

ok the second bit didn’t appen

Methinks he thought you were taking the michael scofield love GIF by Prison Break

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you on this one, he was arguably at fault in some way for all 3 goals, stood off the player each time, when they get within 25 yards, you have to close down.
I will give him some credit though, he did a couple of great mazy runs, put the cross in for our goal BUT his defensive work is awful, he is no defender, reckon we could have a decent left winger though.

Decent left winger? 

Don't agree he was awful defensively today. The context here is an opposition that were very fluid, very quick & pulled us all over the place but he still stopped a number of attacks coming down his side. The first and third goals were excellent...yes if you're being ultra critical, Bogle could've closed space down but the move for the first would have cut through most defences at our level & most keepers would've been beaten by the third. Second goal is purely on Hamer. You can't expect full backs to stop every effort on goal.

Yes, there are improvements to be made (particularly on cutting out crosses) but he is a talent & at 19, is young enough to improve

19 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's that?

It was a starting 11 suggestion with 3 at the back and wing backs as we don't have any out and out wingers. Also with Rooney and Bird sitting would allow Lawrence and SIBLEY to play their best positions where they can get forward and make runs off Martin to offer more support than we have the last 2 or 3 games. 

One thing I notice about our defence is that we give wingers far too much space. 

When we play the ball to our wide men their full back is on them in a flash. 

Once again yesterday balls were floated tio Benrahma and Mbeumo and they were allowed to control it and build momentum in their run before being engaged. That makes life far more difficult for the defence. 

I actually thought that after an awful first ten minutes Bogle and Lowe did pretty well but the coaches need to get them closer to their men. 

We look like we don't trust our centre halves. 

Regardless of who the opposition is, conceding after 10-15 mins isn't going to win many matches. Derby could have won yesterday, they looked dangerous going forward. Sadly, with how poor we are at the back, they cost us the game. Hamer as we all know isn't at the level we need for promotion. I don't want to keep bashing the man, it's fairly clear he's not going to be signing for us next season. 

Brenford have improved their defence and they look fantastic going forward. They could score the goals but they could be carved through at the back over the last couple of years. They've looked solid most games which has made the difference.

I'm still amazed how we're still in this position. With everything that has happened the last 12 months, surviving relegation would have been my target. We've done it and built the foundations of a great, young, attacking team. Well done Phillip for taking us this far. I'm sure we'll be challenging stronger next season.

47 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Regardless of who the opposition is, conceding after 10-15 mins isn't going to win many matches. Derby could have won yesterday, they looked dangerous going forward. Sadly, with how poor we are at the back, they cost us the game.

Not sure that we ever looked like winning. I think we have to recognise that Brentford are simply a better team. Hamer’s error was a key moment, but they would have won anyway. 

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not sure that we ever looked like winning. I think we have to recognise that Brentford are simply a better team. Hamer’s error was a key moment, but they would have won anyway. 

Thanks Madam Zaza! I thought we had them on the back foot and it could have gone either way. It was developing as a contest.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Thanks Madam Zaza! I thought we had them on the back foot and it could have gone either way. It was developing as a contest.

I agree. I went into that second half hopeful but that early mistake by Hamer seemed to knock the wind out of the Derby players' sails. 

I would question why they aren't a little more resilient but it has been a long old season where they have had lots of setbacks and it just felt like another blow in a series of blows.

22 hours ago, Coconut said:

You say that, but how long has it taken them using this model to get to this point?

They've had 4-5 seasons finishing top 10 but only made the playoffs once before this season

Most clubs/fans/chairman still aren't going to accept slow progress.

They would if it was a club the size of Brentford every day of the week... 

Archived