Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TuffLuff said:

Bogle’s defending and positioning has been a problem all season. We’ve conceded a lot of crosses that shouldn’t be getting in the box and a lot of goals are coming from the right hand side. I’d offer the point that Bogle has probably dropped us more points than Hamer over the season and Bogle will be with us next season and Hamer won’t. The Hamer mistake is human error, the Bogle one is about what he’s doing from a footballing POV.

Bogle is 19 and still learning the game. He's made mistakes, but you can kinda understand it. Hamer is not a young player, not our player and also shocking. Bogle has lapses in concentration, Hamer is just consistently shocking. Hamer has cost us going on 9 points over the season, in my opinion. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Bogle is 19 and still learning the game. He's made mistakes, but you can kinda understand it. Hamer is not a young player, not our player and also shocking. Bogle has lapses in concentration, Hamer is just consistently shocking. Hamer has cost us going on 9 points over the season, in my opinion. 

It was awful by Hamer but that’s not the only reason we lost to the better team today 

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't know how i really feel to be honest.  Yes we would all like automatic promotion, failing that, the excitement of the playoffs.  Yes we still have a chance. But if these lastv2 games have shown us, we are no way ready for going up. I personally would hate a repeat of last time.

We have a very young up and coming team who need time.

Any team that goes up this year (no matter how good they look at the moment) will struggle. The big boys have lots of money and the players already in place to survive.  Any championship side will not. No money coming in now and for the foreseeable future.

Do I want promotion for Derby? Absolutely,  just not sure I want it this year

Got slated for posting the same sentiment a few weeks ago.  I agree.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

you would have thought he could have got his body in the way to cushion the shot for the second then

He did but then at the last minute he decided to throw it in the net.

ps. I go shopping far too often with the missus. I real man shouldn't even know what a throw is. ?

2 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

I'm not angry with Hamer...I'm angry with the situation of why our fantastic club has ended up in this position of relying on two such terrible keepers for a whole season.This is not like an emergency where we've had two keepers injured/suspended and had to bring in someone at very short notice.I actually feel sorry for Hamer in a lot of ways... he's completely out of his depth.In 50 years supporting the Rams Roos and Hamer are definitely the worst keepers I've ever seen.Such a sad situation we've found ourselves in.

Still no2 and no 3 behind patrick folletti but only just.  Never forget his full debut for Derby against Everton in the 4-3 defeat. Absolute kamikaze display. got us relegated that day.

Just now, Curtains said:

It was awful by Hamer but that’s not the only reason we lost to the better team today 

I'm sorry, I don't agree at all. I thought we should have got at least a point and I didn't think Brentford were any better than us today. I think it was the only reason we lost today. 

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’d give Clarke and Rooney some credit, Sibley battled but that’s it for me.

Hamer and Bogle very poor. The rest fall into the bang average.

We all know were missing key players, plus 3 or 4 new signings so no point in being too upset about it.

We are nowhere near too six right now and some of the kids may be good enough, some won’t be. Time will tell who comes through.

Last three games have showed we genuinely are not clinical enough, don’t break through the lines often enough, play is laboured and not enough people are stepping up to take responsibility. Rooney can’t do everything sadly.

Still I’m fully confident Cocu knows all our faults and will address them in the off season.

Was interesting hearing Cocu after the game he was not pleased with Bogle and defence for not closing down Benrahma I’m very hopeful for next season ...not all of the youngsters will make it but add a top striker like Horgan for example and some pace and think we’ll be a team to reckon with next season ...to be honest football for me is all about the fans and I don’t want to go up via Wembley without being there lol and next season we genuinely have a chance at top two with 3 top additions one will be a keeper for sure 

9 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Not over the moon with Cocu calling out Bogle in his interview for their 3rd goal, without mentioning Hamer by name for the 2nd?

There secound was fluke it looked like hamer got it but slid out of his body.

Encouraging 1st half today, totally undone by another goalkeeping error.

Not fussed about 6th at all, we wouldn't beat Fulham, WBA or Brentford over 2 legs, never mind win a final too. All finishing 6th this year does is mess with preparation for next season in what will already be a short summer break.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm sorry, I don't agree at all. I thought we should have got at least a point and I didn't think Brentford were any better than us today. I think it was the only reason we lost today. 

Mate we didn’t deserve a point 

We ask an awful lot of bogle. We expect him to get up the wing, whilst simultaneously not leaving any space behind?

(he set up our goal)

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We ask an awful lot of bogle. We expect him to get up the wing, whilst simultaneously not leaving any space behind?

(he set up our goal)

Well Cocu isn’t happy with our defending full stop. 

Saying young players need to learn fast 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He shouldn't be too hard on them because there's been games this season we haven't had a decent shot or had to wait 80 mins to get one. 

Our defence has had to do a lot between a dodgy keeper behind them and some static narrow formations ahead of them. 

I'm looking forward to next season and I'm ready for this one to be over. It's been horrible with all the distractions and referees, coronavirus, investigations, injuries... looking forward to a fresh start for Cocu after this madness

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Saying young players need to learn fast 

Then sign some decent wingers, so that the full back isn’t our main creative outlet?

Archived