Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Bogle is 19 and still learning the game. He's made mistakes, but you can kinda understand it. Hamer is not a young player, not our player and also shocking. Bogle has lapses in concentration, Hamer is just consistently shocking. Hamer has cost us going on 9 points over the season, in my opinion. 

Oh I know Bogle’s learning but you do need to show that you are learning and improving  as well. It’s been a problem all season and that’s the frustration, look at Bogle’s positioning for the first and second.

I’m not sure how many points I can consider either player have dropped for us, I know the Hamer talk has increased since the restart starting with his footwork for the Forest goal which to me seemed a little odd because everyone became a goalkeeping expert out of no where. But for me one is our issue going forward into next season and has deserved a bit of a rocket 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The Hamer error is indefensible but I wasn't impressed with Bogles attempt at blocking the shot. I thought he led with wrong leg and his body shape was all wrong. 

He's always had quite a lazy approach to closing down crosses. Maybe lazy is the wrong word but I think if he had the intensity of Lowe/Forsyth to go with the rest of what he's got then he would be well on the way to being a PL player. 

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m not sure how many points I can consider either player have dropped for us, I know the Hamer talk has increased since the restart starting with his footwork for the Forest goal which to me seemed a little odd because everyone became a goalkeeping expert out of no where. But for me one is our issue going forward into next season and has deserved a bit of a rocket 

I mean you don't have to be a goalkeeping expert to see when they've clearly made a mistake. It didn't start with the Forest game, he was suspect vs Milwall and he gifted Reading a goal too. 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Having said that we could still get Top 6 but it’s an uphill task now. 

I think we'll have to win every game now to have a chance but after what I've seen this week I just don't think we have enough in the tank.

23 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Not over the moon with Cocu calling out Bogle in his interview for their 3rd goal, without mentioning Hamer by name for the 2nd?

One is a mistake of execution and the latter is not following a coaches instruction. 

Just now, Alpha said:

He shouldn't be too hard on them because there's been games this season we haven't had a decent shot or had to wait 80 mins to get one. 

Our defence has had to do a lot between a dodgy keeper behind them and some static narrow formations ahead of them. 

I'm looking forward to next season and I'm ready for this one to be over. It's been horrible with all the distractions and referees, coronations, investigations, injuries... looking forward to a fresh start for Cocu after this madness

His interview was interesting.  He sounded really down and went on to contradict himself slightly after complaining about the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals he then said overall we defended ok. 

It’s all about next season now you are right .

Our best defender will be  going back to Brighton which is a worry though. 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Oh I know Bogle’s learning but you do need to show that you are learning and improving  as well. It’s been a problem all season and that’s the frustration, look at Bogle’s positioning for the first and second.

Forget the Reading punch?

Maybe cocu is mad with the first goal. Lowe will get some blame.
But Phillip, we know that we get some defensive frailties with bogle and Lowe, and you picked both v a team with great wingers?
I haven’t heard his comments, but they sound a bit misdirected to me.

Just now, RamNut said:

Maybe cocu is mad with the first goal. Lowe will get some blame.
But Phillip, we know that we get some defensive frailties with bogle and Lowe, and you picked both v a team with great wingers?
I haven’t heard his comments, but they sound a bit misdirected to me.

Didn't have a tremendous amount of choice with a stabbed Wisdom and a knackered Forsyth. I think Lowe would have played v West Brom and rested Forsyth for that game if he hadn't had that knock.  

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Thing is we were doing well until hamer let that one through his hands. It completely changed the game, our heads dropped and we couldn't recover. 

A decent team can cope with conceding a goal.  Our heads shouldn't go down.  I can't remember too many game this season where we've been good in both halves.  Too many times we've been decent first half and then poor second.  Many of those we've hung on for the win and those wins have papered over some pretty large cracks.  We've got the makings of a decent side for next season but this season we've not been good enough by a long way. 

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Let’s face it we were outplayed 

For the third game on the trot. 

But, that's just the way it is. We may be as good as or better than PNE, Millwall, Reading and Blackburn but a long way short of the top 5 (not sure about Cardiff).

It's a shame really that the games came in the order they did. If we'd lost to WBA and Brentford and then beaten Millwall and PNE we'd probably feel a bit more positive about things. 

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Thing is we were doing well until hamer let that one through his hands. It completely changed the game, our heads dropped and we couldn't recover. 

I don't know that our heads dropped (although Hamer's did, as he nearly messed up a simple stop not long after). But I think they regained confidence, as we'd given them something to worry about before half-time and we came out with intent.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

I genuinely can’t see how there could be a worse one in this division. He wasn’t even Huddersfield’s back up and they might go down. I doubt we have a worse one going down all the way down to the U14’s.

He cannot do a single thing that a keeper is supposed to do 

Yes really really strange. Phil must think nothing of Roos for hamer to carry on playing. I‘m sure Roos knows this and the writing is all over the walls for me. I hope phil has a fantastic unknown Dutch keeper up his sleeve ?

41 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Won't be long before many clubs copy their maths based stats model..

You say that, but how long has it taken them using this model to get to this point?

They've had 4-5 seasons finishing top 10 but only made the playoffs once before this season

Most clubs/fans/chairman still aren't going to accept slow progress.

Brentford are clearly a very good team and have been building that up over a few years.

We showed real character and quality to get back in at 1-1. We were much more positive and quicker to get forward than in the previous two games.

Hamer's mistake was a real body blow that we didn't recover from.

But, overall a lot more positive today, back playing as we did before the Forest game ?

30 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We ask an awful lot of bogle. We expect him to get up the wing, whilst simultaneously not leaving any space behind?

(he set up our goal)

I would like him to stop giving the ball away by thinking he can take everyone on.

I would also like much better crossing from him.

I hope he can be coached and accepts the feedback as I think there is a player in there.

Archived