Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

Sith Happens
Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Question - with Keogh not having his incident and still playing for us.

Would we be in a playoff spot right now?

I don't think so personally. 

unless he can play in goals 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

I'm not sure I agree they were too good for us. We matched them more than fine before Hamer pulled a Hamer and put it in his own net. They had a lot of possession which they didn't do a lot with, the game changed completely from that moment. 

Their forwards are better than our forwards by a country mile. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

That's fine - but they were not really threatening us in the first half. They had the goal they scored, but we looked the more likely team to score. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m glad the season is over now - bigger picture..... 

GK, striker up top with pace, winger and maybe another CH..... 

Future is bright, some teams have got better players and are a season ahead of where we are.... Brentford now is how we will be next season. 

80+ points next season, mark my words. Cocu will fire us there next season. 

Great post mate totally agree I like what Cocu is doing and with no major money spent and lots of negative things have happened off the pitch which Cocu has dealt with admirably ...he really didn’t look happy with the second or third goal had a lot to say 

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Great goal by Benrahma but it was not top corner it enters the net half way down so it might sound harsh but Hamer should’ve done better doesn’t move his feet ...terrible keeper I’m afraid 

Sorry but that’s a top top strike. Don’t look where it hits the net, look at the point it crosses the line. That’s more in the top corner. If a Derby player scores that and i come on here and say it was only OK and gk should have stopped it, I’d be slaughtered.

Either way though, after the second the conversation on him just stops. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

This - We need to sign someone who can finish and has some pace..... as much as I have enjoyed Chris Martin being here over the years, I also note that some would want him still playing here, it really is now the time to let go and set him free to another Championship club 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'd put anyone in there over Hamer. Anyone. Re-sign Robbie Savage to go in net again, pretty sure he wasn't any worse than Ben Hamer has been. So fed up and frustrated with the amount of points we've dropped from awful goalkeeping. 

I just hope our recruitment team (if we have such a thing) have seen how things can be done by recruiting. proper players.

Sorry but i don't have the faith in some of the youngsters who are currently making the starting Eleven to progress much and make a case for starting every game,they are currently playing out of necessity than quality.If offers come in during the break for a couple of them MM will snatch their hands off

Got a pretty decent team haven't we though. And in a division so tight it can be just a couple of signings that gives you the edge.

With a proper pre season and peace and quiet off the pitch plus some pace from wingers and/or striker we could close the gap to the level WBA and Brentford are at. 

Bielik will come up good too I think. Looked clumsy and brilliant from one minute to the next. He could be huge for us

Sith Happens
Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

Fun fact.

Ben Hamer is Hebrew for soft furnishings.

you would have thought he could have got his body in the way to cushion the shot for the second then

Just now, atherstoneram said:

I just hope our recruitment team (if we have such a thing) have seen how things can be done by recruiting. proper players.

Sorry but i don't have the faith in some of the youngsters who are currently making the starting Eleven to progress much and make a case for starting every game,they are currently playing out of necessity than quality.If offers come in during the break for a couple of them MM will snatch their hands off

Which youngster that is starting do you not have faith in? 

Just now, rammieib said:

Sorry but that’s a top top strike. Don’t look where it hits the net, look at the point it crosses the line. That’s more in the top corner. If a Derby player scores that and i come on here and say it was only OK and gk should have stopped it, I’d be slaughtered.

Either way though, after the second the conversation on him just stops. 

Not for me mate if keeper moves his feet he saves that good strike but it was not top corner but yes totally get you regarding second goal enough said ?

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Great post mate totally agree I like what Cocu is doing and with no major money spent and lots of negative things have happened off the pitch which Cocu has dealt with admirably ...he really didn’t look happy with the second or third goal had a lot to say 

There was a lot to fix from the previous regime, Cocu got left a really poor hand and in one season he’s managed to galvanise Derby and getting us to punch way above our weight.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That's fine - but they were not really threatening us in the first half. They had the goal they scored, but we looked the more likely team to score. 

I get the we matched them but we had 1 shot on goal how is that more likely to score. Again we just don't work the keeper enough.   

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm not sure I agree they were too good for us. We matched them more than fine before Hamer pulled a Hamer and put it in his own net. They had a lot of possession which they didn't do a lot with, the game changed completely from that moment. 

They are good though. Very good. Benrhama is very good. As @Ambitious tweeted me, that’s Jozefzoon’s replacement. ?

Who’d be a keeper eh ? 

Ben isn’t good enough for the Championship, I saw him play at Exeter City a few seasons back and looked ok in League 2. After the howler Roos dropped at Wembley the recruitment team should have ensured we had a solid keeper in place for this season. When you look at it in the cold light of day , a basic goalkeeping error probably cost promotion last season and a chance of a play off place this season. In reality we’re not ready yet, but I have high hopes for next season.

Archived