Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

Sat 11th July 12.30pm ko.

Another chance for us to slap our balls on the table and invite a bigger boy to squash them if they can.

Weird to see Brentford as a bigger boy mind, but that they are!

Don't worry lads, I've got this. Relax and enjoy our promotion season from here on in.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Sat 11th July 12.30pm ko.

Another chance for us to slap our balls on the table and invite a bigger boy to squash them if they can.

Weird to see Brentford as a bigger boy mind, but that they are!

Don't worry lads, I've got this. Relax and enjoy our promotion season from here on in.

Well, brentford spent years improving young players and building a capable squad then added well to it. Almost like that's a good plan.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, brentford spent years improving young players and building a capable squad then added well to it. Almost like that's a good plan.

I think Brentford are the best team in the division. I think we need to freshen things up a bit although we are stretched. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Man plans, God laughs.

Jozefzoon winner, mark my words.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Brentford are the best team in the division. I think we need to freshen things up a bit although we are stretched. 

They're up there for a reason, but they've evolved over a few years.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Man plans, God laughs.

Jozefzoon winner, mark my words.

Have to say I think Zoon's days are numbered if he didn't get on this evening. Nut then, I'm often wrong.

Roos 
Bogle   Evans   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird   Rooney
Whittaker   Sibley   Lawrence
Martin

Subs: Ravas, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, Shinnie, Holmes, Knight, Jozefzoon, Trialist

Too soon for Wisdom and Marriott to return. JBrown in the squad for Lowe if his injury is still too bad.  
Fozzy had a shocker today so Buchanan starts. Lawrence walks straight into this side. Another shocking performance from Holmes means he missed out. Shinnie dropped to bring Sibley central and Whittaker takes his spot out on the right (not many other options and it’ll give him valuable experience).

Hamer out of the squad for me. I can just about cope with his errors, but I couldn’t stand it when he was yelling at Buchanan for making him drop the ball. A good keeper should be able to hold on to the ball under pressure from forwards - holding it after a nudge from Buchanan should be no different. As a senior member of the squad (one of only 3 over the age of 25, and 1 of 5 over 20 at the time) he should be encouraging the young lads not trying to shift blame. Poor decision making for their opener too.

Roos

Bogle    Evans     Clarke     Lowe

Shinnie

Rooney      Bird

Jozefzoon     Martin      Lawrence

I believe in you Flojo

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos 
Bogle   Evans   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird   Rooney
Whittaker   Sibley   Lawrence
Martin

Subs: Ravas, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, Shinnie, JBrown, Knight, Jozefzoon, Trialist

Forgot Holmes has a hammy injury. JBrown returns to the squad in his place. 

Hamer

Bogle.      Evans.      Clarke.    Forsyth

Bird.         Rooney

FloJo.              Sibley.       Lawrence

Martin

2-0 Rams ??‍♂️

Roos, Bogle, Evans, Clarke, Lowe, Bird, Rooney, Knight, Whittaker, Lawrence, Martin.

Hamer, Brown, Jozefzoon, Buchanan, Forsyth, Hector-Ingram, Davies, Shinnie, Holmes, Ebosele

Think I'd rest Sibley if he does make the squad. Cocu's done that all season - known when to take players out to protect them a little. Unleash him against Cardiff.

That being said, and call me a pessimist, but I don't see Sibley's red being overturned. Don't know why. Just the way this season has gone.

Quite relaxed about this one.

A win would be great but I can't see anything beyond a comfortable Brentford win. The silver lining is such a result would keep the pressure on Leeds. I'd love it if Brentford pipped them to the autos and they failed in the play offs again. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Roos, Bogle, Evans, Clarke, Lowe, Bird, Rooney, Knight, Whittaker, Lawrence, Martin.

Hamer, Brown, Jozefzoon, Buchanan, Forsyth, Hector-Ingram, Davies, Shinnie, Holmes, Ebosele

Think I'd rest Sibley if he does make the squad. Cocu's done that all season - known when to take players out to protect them a little. Unleash him against Cardiff.

That being said, and call me a pessimist, but I don't see Sibley's red being overturned. Don't know why. Just the way this season has gone.

Ten subs there mate

Archived