Live football thread.

Rev

Just now, ziggyram59 said:

Who do you want to win today's league 1 play off Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday? I'd rather see Wednesday up so we don't have to play them next season. I will laugh if it goes to penalties again. Every play off match settled on penalties I don't think that's happened before. 

I'd rather Wednesday, just to get the other "big hitter" out of the division for next season, though I think Barnsley will probably beat them due to their energy & mobility.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think Barnsley will be as big a treat next season, so happy for them to quieten the Wendies fans…

I'm also thinking in terms of competition for our transfer targets. Without Wednesday or Ipswich, we are the clear standout attraction for players in this division.

16 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I reckon I can be convinced that we’re not the worst team in PL history.  As quoted in another thread we spent about £15M to get to 11 points.  Leicester have spent over £400M and almost half that again as their wage bill to get to 33 points and relegation.  Makes sense in my head!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

Would prefer Barnsley as I cannot stand Wednesday…they’re all actually moaning they can’t get tickets for today whilst Barnsley have loads of empty seats - where were all these Wednesday fans all season?!

At the same time don’t mind too much if Wednesday aren’t in the league next season.

24 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Would prefer Barnsley as I cannot stand Wednesday…they’re all actually moaning they can’t get tickets for today whilst Barnsley have loads of empty seats - where were all these Wednesday fans all season?!

At the same time don’t mind too much if Wednesday aren’t in the league next season.

Actually think Barnsley would be a bigger threat next year, that Wednesday team is very old and they have a lot of players out of contract in the summer and some important ones at that

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Actually think Barnsley would be a bigger threat next year, that Wednesday team is very old and they have a lot of players out of contract in the summer and some important ones at that

It’s a fair point. I guess it’s how many of the players Barnsley could hold on to. I don’t know much on contracts etc but they’re not as big of a draw like Wednesday.

Watching the match and Barnsley look by far the better team. 

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

They're only a small club though. Those seats should have been given to Wednesday really. No point having empty seats.

Not sure Wednesday have filled their allocation. Quite a few red seats I can see though could be other reasons