Star Wars

Day

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

You still have time to delete this

You’re younger than me, you have no excuse for liking this tripe.

I can accept it from the generation that were around at the time of the original release, nostalgia and all that, but anyone else, no pass for that.

So many great films around these days to enjoy 

4 minutes ago, David said:

You’re younger than me, you have no excuse for liking this tripe.

I can accept it from the generation that were around at the time of the original release, nostalgia and all that, but anyone else, no pass for that.

So many great films around these days to enjoy 

My generation had the prequels, ain’t nowt better than that! ? Even if just for the memes that are still going today...

You’re damn right there’s plenty of great films nowadays as well, right at the top of that is the MCU?

On 04/05/2020 at 18:59, maxjam said:

With all the doom and gloom surrounding the newer movies hopefully the next movie (potentially another trilogy) will be significantly better;

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-taika-waititi?sf121787313=1

Taika Waititi the guy behind Thor Ragnorak, arguably the best of the Marvel movies has agreed to write and direct it ? 

Like the sound of that. Just finished The Mandalorian which I loved and saw he directed at least one episode, plus was the voice of the IG assassin. I also loved Jo Jo Rabbit which he was in and directed. Thor Ragnorak was great too.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

You not going for the 20 quid premium option so you watch, erm, Mulan 2 months early? They wouldn't do that for Mandalorian, would they?

We did, to be fair. Cheaper than taking the whole family to the cinema. Got some popcorn in, been a while since we had a cinema family trip. 

I I kg really signed up to Disney plus myself for the marvel stuff that’s coming out (although the kids love it, but sometimes I forget that the world doesn’t revolve around me), so I’m gutted that’s all been delayed. My yearly subscription will be over before they release wandavison at this rate  

Anyway, back on topic. I really like Star Wars because of the whole world it’s built. I like what they’re doing now it’s the mandolarian and stuff, there’s a whole galaxy worth of stories that can be told in this world. They did it before with books and things, it’s never just been about the 3 (and then 6, and then 9+) movies. It’s the tv series, the books, the games (lived knights of the old republic, lived the story as much as anything) and all those other stories that you can tell. 

First Star Wars film was great and I remember coming away from the cinema awestruck. Me and mates collected the bubble gum cards. Empire was also good. Return of Jedi has not aged well at all. What was Lucas thinking adding in the cgi to these films? The rest are hit and miss with a couple of good scenes in each however, I cannot recall the story line in any of them. They just blurr into one film with a lot of confusing sci-fi talk. Which ones young Vader, which is Skywalker etc

Edited by TimRam

• 5 weeks later...

I think I've seen most if not all of them. I thought the early stuff was fun, then there seemed to be some sort of train crash, then a half decent series most recently. Honestly though, I liked The Mandalorian more than any of its forerunners. Way less cluttered and fairly rattled along as a consequence.