Star Wars

Day

30 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Something about prequels that bugs me though - when you go backwards, you don't get any sense of jeopardy. Will Andor die in this new series cliffhanger? No of course not as we know he's in Rogue One. Same with the whole "will they won't they get the death star plans" in Rogue One - it's all just exposition rather than suspense. It has it's place of course, and we fanboys love to have it all officially explained how and when it all happened, but it's much more fun when you have no idea where it's headed

Ah but this is a prequel of a prequel, so in maths thats like a minus times a minus being a positive ? 

I think there is plenty of scope to bring us a damn good story, and there is always something much more fun about shows with darker/morally dubious undertones imho.  Besides, Rogue One is up there as one of, if not the best Star Wars to date and we all broadly knew how that was gonna end. 

I get what you're saying about having no idea what-so-ever where its heading, but if the writings good that shouldn't be a problem.  I've got everything crossed that this is as good as the trailers suggest it might be.

It's all been utterly brilliant. 

I was deeply cynical when Disney bought the franchise but they have done an absolutely cracking job. 

And I speak as a wide eyed kid who was taken to see the original in 1977 by MoodHoover senior and the touching naivety of us then didn't even think to ask "I wonder when they'll make episodes 1 to 3"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Andor, finally watched it. Slow to start then got going only to-be confusing with too many stories running in parallel. Hopefully it will get tidied up in next serie

I very much liked it. It’s like Star Wars, but all grown up. I think someone swore at one point. 

8 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The b word me think, so naughty. I liked it too, don't get me wrong but it wasn't instant looooove

It was a grower. Took a while for there to be any actual ‘star wars’. But I loved the feeling of tension and pressure building to an exploding point. 

• 3 months later...